Now we have latest Jelly Bean for your T-Mobile Galaxy S3. This new Jelly Bean Android 4.1 is actually based on custom ROM. Latest ROM is a self-compiled kang of Cyanogen Mode 10 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance.
Compatibility: The package and the tutorial is only compatible with T-mobile Galaxy S3, model T999 and is not compatible with any other company device or other variant of phones. Check the device’s mobile number before you start through the path Settings > About phone.
WARNING! The process discussed here is quite risky and you must not try it on your Galaxy device. If you do attempt it then you are by your own, neither we nor the developer should liable for any damage occurs to your device.
- Ensure that you have backup the data from your T-mobile Galaxy S3 in order to start the update process. Here is the list to help you in backup your data – SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Images, Audios, Videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS settings etc.
- It’s better to disable the security suites such as anti-virus or firmware from your Computer as well as from your Galaxy S3 device else you will face interruption during the process.
- You are also needed to charge your device battery to 70% to avoid power issue that you may face during the
- Ensure that your device’s USB Debugging option is enabled. If not, follow the path below to do so – ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
How to Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 with JellyBro ROM
Step 1. Assuming that you have followed all the instruction mentioned above and your Galaxy S2 is rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed on it.
Step 3. After the completion of downloads, you need to place the downloaded zip file to the root of the internal SD card. For that you need to connect your Galaxy S3 device to the Computer via USB data cable.
Step 4. Now, turn off your device to boot into the ClockworkMod recovery. To do that, hold and press the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously till the screen doesn’t appear.
Step 5. Once you are in ClockworkMod, select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and once again select ‘Wipe Cache partition’ to wipe all your data from your phone.
Step 6. After that you need to select ‘install zip from SD card’ and once again, select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ to select the downloaded ROM file from the SD card. Confirm installation by tapping ‘Yes – Install _____.zip’ on the next screen.
Step 7. Once the installation of ROM completes, then repeat step 6 by replacing ROM with gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file to install the Google apps package on your Galaxy S3.
Step 8. After flashing both the zip file you need to return back to the main menu and then select reboot system now option to reboot your Galaxy S3.
Step 9. The first boot may take extra time so don’t worry. You are going to enter into your Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean Android 4.1 running on it.
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your T-mobile Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean Android 4.1. Do share your view with us regarding this firmware.
Other reached here searching for:
- how to update s3 to jelly bean tmobile, tmobile gs3 4 1 2, tmobile gs3 jelly bean download