Today we would tell you How to Update Samsung Epic 4G Touch with the latest ICS FB17 Android 4.0.3 Firmware. Last update we saw was FB 09 updates for Samsung Epic 4G, now new version has release known as FB 17 update. This is the official version from Samsung, but the only change is that this version of firmware is a pre rooted firmware and doesn’t need any extra efforts to root the firmware. In the due course of this article we will be checking out on what are the pre requisites you need to follow along with the tutorial wherein you will be able to update your Epic 4G with the FB 17 build firmware along with the FB15 Modem. Let’s check out procedure.
At SamsungMobileClub we make sure that our readers take all precaution and preventive [prevent data loss and soft Bricks] measures before installing Custom ROM, Root or flashing firmware.
We have explained all required steps in detail:
Step 1: To ensure that you do not lose anything, please create backup of SMS, Contacts, APN settings, Whatapp chat messages etc. [ Alternative link to backup SMS, MMS, Contacts, Calendar, events on Samsung Android Phones]
Step 2: Please ensure that you have a desired battery level to perform the procedure [ we suggest minimum 60%]. While Installing custom ROM or Rooting your device it is required to enable USB debugging. You will find USB debug enable options in Settings>>Developer option. If you still do not get it check out our detailed tutorial about Enabling USB debugging and checking batter status /Usages.
Step 3: If you have already rooted your device and install CWM recovery and going to install a ROM then please backup your Firmware ROM using CWM recovery.
Step 4: We suggest a full backup of your apps and cache data, if you are rooted use Titanium Backup [ App backup and Restore tutorial] Or you can follow this tutorial to backup without root access.
Step 5: Please disable Antivirus, Firewall or other security apps before flashing Root, Firmware or Custom ROM as them may interrupt the procedure. We also suggest to disable Samsung Kies if you are flashing through PC.
Step 6: Please insure that you have correct driver and ADB installed on your System.
If you face any issues you can restore ROM using CWM recovery. After installing Backup you can restore all apps, SMS, Contacts and settings using the Tutorial provided on above mentioned links.
- Download ICS FB 17 Firmware Zip Package
- FB15 Modem package
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Turn off all security programs.
How to Install Official Android 4.0.3 IceCream Sandwich firmware on Samsung Epic 4G Touch [ SPH-D710]
1. Connect your phone to the computer using the USB Cable and copy these two zip file in your phone. Ensure that copy on root directory.
2. Remove the connected USB Cable and turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
3. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing the Volume UP rocker key and continuing to hold this key, you need to press the Power ON button till the device gets turned ON.
4. On recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then locate the ICS Android 4.0.3 FB 17 Zip file which you have placed in your phone and then select the same by pressing the Power button.
5. Once the firmware is applied successfully, you need to again select the file named as “E4GT_Modem_FB15.zip”. Once the device is updated successfully, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now” which will reboot the device.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- best ics modem for epic 4g touch, best modem for epic 4g 4 2 2, epictouch toolkit, galaxy s 2 FB17 4 0 3, ics modem for epic 4g touch