Samsung Galaxy S PLUS I9001 has got new Value Pack, Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware dubbed as XXKQB. Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 comes with Android OS v2.3 and a powerful 1.4 GHz single core Scorpion processor. It has 4.0 inches Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors and 480 x 800 pixels resolution. Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 has 5 MP camera with autofocus, LED flash plus a Secondary VGA camera and Video recording at 720p@30fps. The phone has Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot and 3G data transfer at HSDPA 14.4 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps. This update just started from Switzerland, not yet distributed worldwide. But we would tell you how you can apply this update manually without waiting for OTA update.
New Features of Value Pack XXKQB for Galaxy S PLUS I9001 includes:
- Face Unlock
- New Kernel with huge RAM (Total RAM: 364 )
- Galaxy S II ICS Lockscreen
- Photo Editor
- Built-in TouchWiz 4
- Improved Camera UI + Can capture pictures while shooting a video
- Auto-Rotation is fast – Fast switching from portrait to landscape
- Overall speed improvements
- GPU Performance slightly increased
- Some Google Apps updated
Pre-Requisites for Installing Official Value Pack XXKQB 2.3.6 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S PLUS I9001:
1. This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings. So backup all your data properly of Samsung Galaxy S PLUS I9001. You can take help from here to back up your device Backup procedure for Android
2. Minimum charge 80% is required on your phone.
3. Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy S I9001 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
4. Disable all the antivirus and firewall suites in your computer.
5. Download the Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 Package
Step by step guide to Update Galaxy S PLUS I9001 with Value Pack Gingerbread XXKQB 2.3.6 Firmware:
Step1. Extract the above downloaded .zip file into your desktop. You will get three files.
Step2. Open the Odin from the extracted file in your computer and turn off your device so as to enter the Galaxy S PLUS I9001 Download Mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will appears that means you are in download mode.
Step3. Connect your phone to the computer, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn yellow which will mean that all drivers are installed successfully and you are ready for update.
Step4. Click on “PDA” to select the file “I9001XXKQB_I9001OXXKP8_I9001XXKPL_HOME.tar.md5” which you can find in the extracted zip file.
Step5. Now again you have to go to the recovery mode. The Galaxy S PLUS I9001 recovery mode can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device.
Step6. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
Step7. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device. This will ensure that no force close errors are occurred after successful rooting.
That’s it you have installed Value Pack Gingerbread XXKQB 2.3.6 on Galaxy S PLUS I9001.
Other reached here searching for:
- i9001xxkqb_i9001oxxkp8_i9001xxkpl_home tar md5, ota samsung i9001, Gingerbread 2 3 6 XXKQB OS download, rom android 2 3 6 galaxy s plus zip, xxkqb i9001, xxkqb, odin3 i9001, gingerbread xxkqb, ota update für galaxy i9001, ota frissítés galaxy s plus, official firmware i9001, odin3 v1 83 für i9001, odin value pack i9001, kernel 2 3 6 i9001, xxkqp 2 3 6, samsung galaxy s plus 2 3 6 official, samsung galaxy s plus 2 3 6 offiziell, XXKQB_I9001, xxkqb xda, value pack xxkqb