Today we will check out how to Update Galaxy Nexus i515 manually with Official IMM76K ICS 4.0.4 Firmware. This firmware will fix all the issues related to network. Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515 is a Bar phone weighing 150g. The phone operates at frequencies of CDMA 800 / 1900 / CDMA2000 1xEV-DO / LTE 700 MHz. The Phone has a Display of 4.65 inches, Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 16M Colors. This model comes with Rear Camera 5.0 MP (2592×1944 Pixels) with Auto Focus and LED Flash, Front Camera : 1.3 MP Camera (1280×1024 Pixels) with , Digital Zoom. It has Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 processor with Chipset TI OMAP 4460 and GPU PowerVR SGX540. This is an official version from Verizon Wireless, if you are any of the custom Rom firmware’s then you can easily apply this update and just in case if you are on any of the stock or official firmware, then you shall get this update OTA from Verizon Wireless very soon. Let’s check out the procedure.
Read our full article to know the installation procedure:
Change Log of ICS 4.0.4 IMM76K or Galaxy Nexus:
- Time Lag in application shift has been considerably reduced,
- Battery is now optimized more than before,
- Camera bug related to shutter lag has been fixed,
- Camera now from lock screen loads faster,
- 3D apps now render faster than before,
- Animation issues with some apps has been addressed,
- User Interface is much more fluidic,
- Ringtones are the same as which were for earlier version,
- Kernel has been updated but the version is old one,
- Some applications like launcher and Games still lags
Pre-Requisites for updating IMM76K ICS 4.0.4 Rom:
1. Backup all your data properly, so that after applying this firmware you can restore all your data back to its own place. You can take help from this tutorial
2. Charge your battery at least 80% so that no power interruption during the process.
3. Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy ACE from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
4. Disable all security programs like antivirus and firewall. Also disable Kies for Samsung.
5. Download the Miracle v3.0 Custom ROM
Step by step guide to install IMM76K ICS 4.0.4 Rom on Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515:
Step1. First connect your Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515 into your PC with the help of original USB cable.
Step2. Now, copy the above downloaded .zip files (IMM76K ICS 4.0.4) into the phone internal memory, root directory. Not on external memory card nor placed it to deep on sub folders.
Step3. Now reboot your device so as to enter in Boot loader mode. Boot loader mode in Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up + Volume Down and then simultaneously press the Power button till you see the boot loader mode screen.
Note; if your device boots up normally then try again.
Step4. In boot loader, mode, you need to select the option of “recovery mode” with the help of Volume keys and press the power button to confirm.
Step5. As you are in recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the “IMM76K Zip Package” which you have placed in your device.
Step6. Wait the whole process of this update will take around 5 – 8 minutes.
Step7. As update is applied successfully, you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then choose the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the system.
That’s it after restart you will be landed on IMM76K ICS 4.0.4 Rom on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515.