Officially the Samsung galaxy Nexus will be come U.S. market trough Verizon later of this Dec 2011. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is first Google Android Ice Smartphone. This is now possible, and Americans can get their Samsung Galaxy Nexus at full price, from a third party online retailer called Expansys. The bad news is that it will not be cheap. Expansys is selling this bad boy for $749.99
Expansys USA is reporting on their website to have 100 + Galaxy Nexus 16 GB smartphone units to be in stock now. The retailer advertises it to be compatible with both major US carriers, T-Mobile and AT&T.
he variant offered by them is the GSM version, meaning it is international!there were about 75 handsets in stock. I refreshed the page about 20 minutes later and there were only 45 in stock. So if you’re looking to drop your holiday savings on a Galaxy Nexus, you best do it soon.
Still, the Galaxy Nexus is shaping up to be one heck of a phone. It’s got a 4.65-inch 720p display, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, and a deathly thin body.
The unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus specs has a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, a 1.3 megapixel front-facing cam, 5 megapixel rear camera (with LED flash), 1080p video recording and playback, a newfangled panorama mode, a 3.5mm headphone jack and Bluetooth 3.0. You will also find USB 2.0, 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi, an embedded NFC module, accelerometer, compass, gyro, proximity sensor and even a barometer. The details indicate that it will be 9 mm thick, which puts it in contention for one of the slimmest smartphones out there.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Specification and Features:
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
- Dimensions: 135.5 x 67.9 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 135 g
- Display: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours, 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.65 inches (~316 ppi pixel density)
- Oleophobic surface
- Multi-touch input method
- Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
- Touch-sensitive controls
- Three-axis gyro sensor
- 3.5mm jack
- Internal Memory: 16/32GB storage, 1 GB RAM
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth: v3.0 with A2DP
- USB: v2.0 microUSB
- Camera: 5 MP, 2592×1936 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Video 1080p@30fps
- Secondary Camera: Yes, 1.3 MP
- OS: Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- CPU: Dual-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A9 CPU, TI OMAP 4460 chipset
- GPS with A-GPS support, barometer sensor
- NFC support
- Digital compass
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-Ion 1750 mAh