Samsung Galaxy S2 users can now enjoy LG launcher and Samsung Galaxy S3 theme on their phone with the help of a custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as root box. This Root Box custom firmware packs in the latest ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware version. Below we will describe the features of this ROM and also guide you on how can you apply this firmware on your Smartphone. Root Box custom ROM firmware is highly stable for Samsung Galaxy S2.
Essential and innovative features of Root Box ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM Firmware:
- AOKP Based ICS 4.0.4 IMM76I
- Fluxi ICS Kernel, Siyah ICS Kernel, CM ICS Kernel
- Merged remaining updates from B39
- Redesigned Aroma Installer
- Added CM9 Kernel
- Unread Notification Count for Missed Calls and Messaging
- Multi Waves Lockscreen
- Nova Launcher
- Apex Launcher
- Added Back Apollo Music Player
- Added Google Play Music
- Added Beats Audio
- LG UI Launcher
- TouchWiz UX Launcher, and much more.
Warning: On the process of following this article you will root your device and you know that rooting voids warranty. Therefore, please proceed at your own risk and the only way by which you can reclaim the warranty is by re-applying the stock firmware.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. Trying the procedures mentioned in this article on any other device or any other model of Samsung may produce un-desired results.
- This Root Box custom ROM can only be applied on Samsung Galaxy S2 which is unlocked is updated with latest XWLPD firmware and rooted S2 on XWLPD firmware.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- You should backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download Root Box Custom ROM Firmware Package from here to your computer. Extract the downloaded file and place it in the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Root Box ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM Firmware:
Step1: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together for few seconds.
Step2: In Recovery Mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” then select “Wipe Cache partition” and then select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache.
Step3: Now, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the “Root Box Custom ROM firmware” file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step4: After the installation has completed, the phone will land back on the Recovery Mode screen, from there select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” for rebooting your phone.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed the Root Box Custom ROM firmware on your device. Share with us if you have any problem, we will try to help you out from the same.
Other reached here searching for:
- rootbox odin, rom galaxy s2 root box, rootbox über odin installieren, rootbox update, s2 odin rootbox, SGH I547 siyah