Here is an exciting news for Indian Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G users. They can now enjoy the latest firmware of ICS 4.0.3 firmware, as it has been officially announced by Samsung Electronics. This update is being pushed via OTA and can also be installed via KIES. This new update for Galaxy S2 I9100G has been code named XXLPQ.
XXLPQ lacks some of the features as: there is no3D animation effect in drawer and while swapping home screens, leaving this XXLPQ is a cool one. It also a pretty fast and fully working ROM, with features like TouchWiz 4 UI. Below we will be checking out on how can install this firmware on your S2. It a bootloader free update, therefore any Galaxy S2 owner can apply this update on their phone.
Warning: The below mentioned process may damage or brick your phone completely. Therefore be careful while following them, if any damage occurs to your phone, neither developer nor we would held responsible. Though there is minimum chances of happening so, but in case you face any problem, do let us know we are committed to help you by the best possible way.
- This updating procedure is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G.
- You should charge your phone, so that there is minimum 70% of charge left with it.
- Backup all your essential data on the phone, as these will be lost after the update process.
- Disable all Security programs like firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security suites generally interrupt the update process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Galaxy S2 GT I9100G from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download the ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ Update Zip from here to your computer and also download Odin if you don’t have it.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S II I9100G with Official ICS 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Open Odin in your computer and reboot your phone so that it can enter in the Download Mode. Download mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100G can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you can see a green robot indicating that Download Mode has been entered.
- Connect your S2 GT I9100G to the computer, once connected you will see that the ID: COM section in Odin has turned Yellow.
- Now, Click on “PDA” tab to select “I9100GXXLPQ_I9100GODDLP7_I9100GDDLP5_HOME.tar.md5” and then, click on “Start” to start the firmware update process.
- As the process completes, the phone will reboot automatically. When you see the Home Screen or language preference setting option, disconnect your phone.
- Now, once again reboot your phone so that it can be entered in Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode in Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + OK button and while holding these simultaneously press the Power button.
- In the Recovery Mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”.
Note: At any point of time if the update process gets due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from starting by re-inserting the battery.
That’s it, you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G. Share your joy with us or let us know if you face any issues, we will try to resolve the same as early as possible. If you need to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G on Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ firmware then check out this tutorial.
Other reached here searching for:
- i9100g bootloader download, galaxy s2 i9100g official firmware 4 0 3, how to download and install bootloader for samsung galaxy s2 gt i9100g, samsung i9100g bootloader, my s2 mobile is showing only 687mb ram, ics bootloader i9100g download, i9100g official firmware thought odin, i9100g if dont charge the phone, bootloader update galaxy s2, GT-I9100G ICS bootloaders, galaxy s2 GT-9100G latest firmware, download ics bootloader gs2 gt i9100g, download bootloader for samsung galaxy s2 i9100g 2 3, xxlpq for galaxy w i8150