Here’s a good news for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 users who presently running XWLPD Android 4.0 Firmware, can now easily root their device on the latest firmware. Once if you root your device, you can then install various custom ROM firmwares based on this XWLPD version and also one can install all the apps which require root access. All you have to ensure that you are following all the mentioned instructions carefully, so that that the process gets finished successfully.
Disclaimer: This procedure should only be imposed on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on the XWLPD Firmware update. If you are try this firmware on any other device or any other version of Galaxy there is a high chance of bricking your device. We are declaring that neither we nor developer are responsible for any error occurred while rooting your device from our procedure. But don’t worry if any issues occur we are committed to help you in resolving the same.
Alert: Since rooting the device voids warranty, the simplest method with which you can reclaim the lost warranty is by re-applying the update of XWLPD 4.0.3. Please note that this process is a reversible process and you can unroot the device at any point of time.
This update comes with the following improvements and enhancements –
- Bug fixes in Battery Life.
- Google PLAY Store force close issues are partially fixed.
- Brightness issue is completely fixed.
- Some HD Games were getting force closed; it has been fixed for some games.
- Fixes have been induced in Camera which fixes image clarity in low light.
- Backup all your data with the help of KIES PC Suite or with the help of below mentioned steps manually so that if the data gets lost or corrupted, you can restore them easily with the help of below mentioned steps:
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Charge your battery at least 70% so that there is no power interruption during the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Disable all security programs like antivirus and firewall. Also uninstall Samsung KIES because it tends to interrupt firmware update process while in the middle.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 with ICS XWLPD 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Download XWLPD 4.0.3 ICS Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to extract in your computer. Download Odin and open the same in your computer.
- Reboot your phone so that it can be then entered in the download mode.
- Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both the buttons simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Now, connect your Galaxy S2 to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully updated.
- Click on “PDA” and select the “I9100XWLPD_I9100XXLPW_I9100NEELP4_HOME.tar.md5” file from the extracted zip file. Once the file is selected, you now need to click on “Start”.
- The procedure will take around 5 – 7 minutes for the update to be applied and once it’s applied, the phone will be rebooted. As soon as you see the home screen, disconnect the phone and turn off the phone so that it can enter into the Recovery Mode.
- In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
Note: At any point of time if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the beginning by re-inserting the battery.
The process has successfully completed and you have applied the XWLPD Galaxy S2 Firmware in your device. Reboot your device and land on new XWLPD 4.0.3 ICS Package. Share, if you face any issues and we will try to sort out the same.
Other reached here searching for:
- i9100xwlpd_i9100xxlpw_i9100neelp4_home tar md5, I9100XWLPD_I9100XXLPW_I9100NEELP4_HOME tar