Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Tab 2 7.0 users can now root and install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on their device. Root access is quite useful and helpful for doing a lot more on Android, what is normally not possible. For eg: accessing/modifying the system files, overclocking the processor, etc. ClockworkMod recovery is a custom recovery that lets you flash custom ROMs and modifications, backup and restore your current ROM, and much more. The procedure mentioned below will help you to do so and it is same for both the Tab 2 10.1 and Tab 2 7.0. So, carefully read the process mentioned below and perform accordingly.
Warning: The methods and procedures mentioned below are risky and they may completely damage or brick your device and make it useless, for which neither we nor the developer should be held liable.
- The below mentioned process are only for the user who own Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Tab 2 7.0.
- Charge your device so that 70% of charge is left with it, to assure that there is no power interruption during the process.
- Backup all essential data’s on your device, so as to assure that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 or Tab 2 7.0 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download Odin, Recovery Package and Root Package (For P5113/P3110 users), Root Package (For P5110 users) from here to your computer as required and extract them too. Copy the required root.zip file on the root directory of your device’s SD card.
Procedure to Root and install ClockworkMod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Tab 7.0:
- Open Odin in your computer and reboot your device so as to enter in the Download Mode. Download Mode can be entered by holding the Power and Volume up buttons together and when a yellow triangle shows up on screen, press Volume down button to enter into the Download Mode. (Whenever we say Volume down button, it means the button next to the power button and the Volume up button is on the far side of the Power button i.e. on the right side of the Volume down button.)
- In Odin, click the PDA button and select the recovery.tar file you downloaded and placed on your device’s SD card. And then click on “Start” to begin flashing recovery. When the flashing has completed your device will automatically reboot.
- When the tablet boots up, again reboot it, this time to enter into ClockworkMod recovery. ClockworkMod recovery can be entered by pushing the Power and volume down buttons together.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard and then select “choose zip from sdcard” scroll to the cwm-root-gtab2.zip file (or cwm-root-gtab2a.zip in case of P5110) on the sdcard and select it. Confirm the installation by selecting “Yes”.
- After the installation procedure has completed, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your tablet and land into your rooted tablet.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 or Tab 2 7.0 and also has installed ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on it. Share your joy with us or let us know if you face any problem, we will try to resolve it as early as possible.
Other reached here searching for:
- odin for samsung repp