Samsung Galaxy R users have been wondering about how to root their device, wait no more. It is possible to flash ClockworkMod Recovery to Galaxy R via Odin. Below we will teach you on how all these are possible. Moreover, there are great apps that can be discovered for Samsung Galaxy R, but installing and enjoying these apps need root access of your phone, if you don’t have the root access you cannot enjoy the interesting available apps. After rooting your device, you can install custom Rom’s on it and fully enjoy the functionality of your Galaxy R. the below mentioned process is quite simple and easy, even users who are completely new on Android platform can do this.
Warning: The below mentioned process will void your phone’s warranty completely and may also damage or brick it for which neither we nor the developer would be held responsible. However, it is unlikely to happen so. You can regain the warranty by either applying stock firmware or unrooting your phone.
- This process is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy R.
- Charge your device so that atleast 70% of charge is left with is, also to assure that there is no power interruption during the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode in your Galaxy R from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Disable all security programs like antivirus and firewall from your computer and uninstall them too from your device, as these programs generally interrupt the rooting procedure.
Root & Install Custom Recovery Image on Samsung Galaxy R:
- Connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable.
- Now, place the Superuser .ZIP file into the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
- Now, reboot your phone so as to enter into the Download Mode. Download Mode in Samsung Galaxy R can be entered by pressing the Volume DOWN + Home + Power keys together
- Next, in Odin, click on PDA tab and select the recovery image file (*.tar) and click on “Start” to start the flashing.
- When the flashing procedure has completed, your phone will reboot. You have successfully installed the ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone.
- Once again reboot your system, this time to enter in the recovery Mode. Recovery Mode in Samsung Galaxy R can be entered by pressing Volume UP + Home + Power keys together.
- In the CWM recovery menu, tap on “install zip from sdcard” followed by “choose zip from sdcard” then select the Superuser Zip file you transferred to your phone.
- Once the flashing has completed, select “++++Go Back++++” and choose “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted and installed ClockworkMod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy R. Do share your joy with us or let us know if you face any problem, we will try to resolve it.
Other reached here searching for:
- cwm recovery samsung gt b5510, clockworkmod recovery b5510, cwm b5510, cwm download for gt-b5510, cwm gt b5510, download clockworkmod recovery for Samsung gt-b5510, how to flash CWM recovery for gt i9003, how to install a CWM custom rom on samsung b5510 using sd card only, jelly bean for galaxy r i9103