After updating your Galaxy Note with XXLQ2 firmware you can now root it and install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on it using the CF-Root kernel from XDA Elite Recognized Developer Chainfire. Rooting will enable you to access the system files on your Galaxy Note, and CWM recovery will allow you to install custom ROM’s and modifications released often on. The CF-Root enables you to root and install recovery at the same time. Follow the procedures below to install the CWM recovery on your device.
Warning: Be careful while following the below mentioned procedures, as they may damage or brick your phone completely for which neither we nor the developer would be held liable.
- The below mentioned procedure are only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. You can check your device’s model number in: Settings -> About phone.
- Charge your device, so that 70% of charge is left with in order to reduce Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all your essential data’s on your device, as there are chances of them getting lost during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your Galaxy Note, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Note from the path “Settings> Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download CF-Root kernel and Odin from here to your computer and extract them too.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Note on XXLQ2 Firmware with CF-Root:
1. Open Odin in your PC and reboot your phone so as to enter into Download Mode. Download in Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 can be entered by pressing the Volume Down key + Home key and then simultaneously press Power button after which you will see a green robot indicating that the device has entered into the Download Mode.
2. Now, connect your Galaxy Note to the computer and then you will see that the ID: COM section has turned yellow in Odin.
3. Now, click on PDA button and then select the CF-Root-SGN_XX_XEU_LQ2-v5.6-CWM5.tar you got while extracting the downloaded CF-Root kernel file. Now, click on “Start” to begin the installation process.
4. After the installation process has completed, the phone will reboot automatically and when you see the Home Screen or language preference setting option on your screen, disconnect your phone.
Note: At any point of time if the update process gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from starting by re-inserting the battery.
Congratulation, you have successfully rooted and CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with CF-Root kernel. Do share with us if face any issue, we will try to resolve them by the best possible way.
Other reached here searching for:
- cf root kernel samsung gt s5830