Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus users can now install unofficial CM9 Nightly ROM on their phone. Nightly are those ROM’s that are generated automatically every night including the latest changes made by the developers every day. Thanks to XDA Senior Member swordrune 10 for daily building the nightly ROM’s for CM9 unofficially. Back in the month of April this device started receiving CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) ROM’s officially. CM9 is in the development stages, the Nightly ROM’s now are not released regularly, and they may also take days between two consecutive versions. CM9 enables improved performance and great customization options, if you want to keep up the latest and drastic changes in CM9 try this unofficial one. Read the below mentioned procedures to find out how can you flash this unofficial CM9 nightly ROM on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus.
Warning: Be careful while following the below mentioned methods and procedures, as they are considered to be risky and may damage or brick your phone and make it completely useless for which neither we nor the developer would be held responsible.
- The below mentioned process are only for the users who own Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
- Charge your device so that 70% of charge is left with it, to assure that there is no power interruption during the process.
- Backup all essential data’s on your phone, so as to assure that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download the latest verison ROM and Google apps from here from here to your computer and extract them too. Copy the two extracted files to the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
Procedure to Install Unofficial CM9 Nightly on Sprint Galaxy Nexus:
1. Reboot your phone so as to enter into CWM recovery. CWM recovery can be entered by pressing the Power + Volume up and Down to enter into Fastboot Mode where you will see Start written in big green letters. Now, using the volume buttons navigate to the Recovery Mode option and for selecting use the Power button to enter into Recovery Mode.
2. Now, select “wipe data/factory reset” and then select “Yes” on the following screen to confirm your action.
3. Next, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and navigate to the ROM file on the SD card and select it. Confirm installation by selecting “Yes” on the next screen.
4. After the ROM installation procedure has completed, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone and land into new CM9 ROM. First time booting may take 5 minutes or more, so don’t get worried.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed CM9 ROM on your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Do share your joy with us or let us know if you face any problem, we will try to resolve them as early as possible.