The official Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 update XXLQ2 (firmware version) is available for Samsung Galaxy Note users in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Hearing this other Galaxy Note worldwide should not get disheartened, as this update will soon available for the rest part of the world. This ICS update for the Galaxy Note brings a premium suite of applications specifically designed for use with S-Pen and additional with general Android 4.0 updates which will enable users faster performance than before, Face unlocking, better and improved data usage management and much more. If someone feels it difficult to wait for the official update to show up on their device, they can install the update manually on their Galaxy Note by following the below mentioned methods and procedures. XXLQ2 is Firmware that has been officially released by Samsung Electronics for the UK and Ireland users, but will work on any Galaxy worldwide regardless of the country you are from.
Warning: The below mentioned methods and procedures are considered to harmful and may damage or brick your phone completely for which neither we nor the developer should be held responsible.
- The below mentioned procedure and methods are only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. One can check their device’s model number in: Settings -> About phone.
- Your device should have at least 70% of charge with it, so that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- Backup all essential data’s on your phone, so as to assure that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Note from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download the XXLQ2 Firmware and Odin from here to your computer and extract them too.
Procedure to install XXLQ2 Android 4.0 ICS Firmware on Galaxy Note:
1. Open Odin and reboot your phone so as to enter into Download Mode. This can be done by pressing the Volume Down key + Home key and then simultaneously press Power button after which you will see a green robot indicating that the device has entered into the Download Mode.
2. Now, connect your Galaxy Note to the computer and then you will see that the ID: COM section has turned yellow in Odin.
3. Now, click on PDA button and then select the N7000XXLQ2_N7000XXLPT_N7000XEULP4_HOME.tar.md5 you got while extracting the downloaded file. Next, click on “Start” to begin the installation process.
4. After the installation process has completed, the phone will reboot automatically and when you see the Home Screen or language preference setting option on your screen, disconnect your phone.
That’s it, you have successfully installed XXLQ2 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Share your joy with us or let us know if you face any problem we will try to resolve them as early as possible.