CleanROM is a new custom ROM available for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. It has been developed and released by XDA developer member Sgrant. This custom ROM is able to remove lots of bloatware and unnecessary apps on the device as well as useless bookmarks to enable you a clean ROM, as its name depict. It is also rooted, deodexed and zip-aligned to provide a faster and smoother experience to you. Being a first version of the ROM, it does not have too many custom features.
Warning: Be Careful while following the below mentioned process, as they may damage or brick your phone completely for which neither we nor the developer would be held liable.
- This Custom ROM installation is the only form the users who own Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
- Minimum charge left with your device should be 70%, so that there is no power interruption during the process.
- Backup all your essential data’s on the phone, as there are chances of them getting lost during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download the latest version of ROM from here to your computer. Unzip the file and copy it in the root of SD card directory of your phone.
Procedure to Install CleanROM on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1:
1. Reboot your phone into ClockworkMod recovery by holding the Power and Volume Down button at the same time. After a while, ClockworkMod recovery screen will be shown.
2. Backup your existing ROM if you want, you can also perform a backup of your existing ROM by selecting Backup and Restore-> followed on the next screen.
3. In the recovery mode, select “install zip from sdcard” and then select “choose zip from sdcard” navigate to the ROM file on the SD card and select it. Select yes, for starting the installation process.
4. After, the installation completes, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot the device and land into the new ROM. The first boot up may take upto 5 minutes or more so don’t get worried.
Congratulations, you have now successfully installed CleanROM on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Share your joy with us or let us know if you face any problem, we will try to resolve it as early as possible.
Other reached here searching for:
- samsung galaxy tab 2 clean rom, clean install galaxy s2, clean install rom samsung, samsung tab 2 bloatware, tutorial cleanrom samsung tab without sd