Guys there is a good news for you all, Samsung has confirm ISC 4.0 on selected Smartphones and Tabs. Update will be available to the Samsung Galaxy devices like Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note and Galaxy R on other hand tablets would be Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, Galaxy Tab 7.7, and Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus.
Those models which are going to receive the update is not yet decided and the OS update would be made available depending on the market demand and requirements, and even on the requirements by the network carrier.
Android is a mobile operating system we all know. Android 4.0 – codenamed Ice Cream Sandwich was launched by Google at the May 2011.
New features included like:
- Enhanced speed and performance
- Virtual buttons in the UI, in place of capacitive or physical buttons
- Easier-to-create folders, with a drag-and-drop style
- A customizable launcher
- Improved visual voicemail with the ability to speed up or slow down voicemail messages
- Pinch-to-zoom functionality in the calendar
- Integrated screenshot capture (accomplished by holding down the Power and Volume-Down buttons)
- Improved error correction on the keyboard
- Ability to access apps directly from lock screen
- Face Unlock, a feature that allows users to unlock handsets using facial recognition software
- New tabbed web browser, allowing up to 16 tabs
- Data Usage section in settings that lets users set warnings when they approach a certain usage limit, and disable data use when the limit is exceeded
- Ability to shut down apps that are using data in the background
- Improved camera app with zero shutter lag, time lapse settings, panorama mode, and the ability to zoom while recording
- Hardware acceleration of the UI
ICS is also going to have the new People application, where it would help users have something like what it is in the Windows Phone 7 devices. Users can browse pictures, messages, social network updates from the contacts, friends and family members if they are grouped.
Samsung made no mention of any of its other Android devices, including the original Galaxy S phone. The company did not explicitly say those devices would not receive Ice Cream Sandwich, but that seemed to be the implication; the release referred to the aforementioned phones and tablets as “the ICS-upgradeable devices” and gave no indication of any plans to expand the lineup.
Samsung as I think it’s a coolest device on market. I am very excited about this news and waiting for the release.
Other reached here searching for:
- aptx ics, samsung all models, Samsung Android V4 00 ICS smartphones, samsung galaxy s2 on hand, samsung Galaxy tab update to ISC reboots to android system recovery, samsung isc, vand samsung galaxy s2 plus