The limited edition Galaxy Tab 10.1 handed out at Google I/O was rooted in no time, and it looks like owners of the more widely available retail version can now thank XDA member shep211 for opening up some new possibilities on their iteration of the tablet as well. As usual, you should proceed with some caution if you decide to take the plunge, but the root can been unrooted if you wind up having second thoughts — all the details you need are at the source link below.
Many developers like mbirdman and some from AllDroid.org are successful in rooting it. And moreover, it’s very easy to do so. It was one of the easy ways to do so. Here, we are showing you the steps by which rooting was possible.
Rooting Instructions for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
1. Download and Install ADB shell on your computer.
2. Your computer must have the drivers for Galaxy Tab 10.1. For this, install Samsung Kies application, which will add the required drivers to your pc.
3. Download the tool needed for rooting purposes from our channel [here]
4. Connect your tablet to the pc.
5. Go to the directory where you have saved the downloaded file from Step3. Open command prompt and enter below commands as shown in below image:
adb push Rooting-Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10.1.zip /sdcard/Rooting-Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10.1.zip
adb reboot recovery
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1:
Step1: Download the Zip file Here
Step2: From adb, run the following command (without quotes) “adb push allidoiswin.zip /sdcard/allidoiswin.zip”
Step3: Now punch in “adb reboot recovery”
Step4: Now simply flash the Zip file which you put via Adb, that’s it after running zip file your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be fully rooted now get superuser access.