It was few days back that Android Jelly Bean was announced. Jelly Bean includes lots of exciting new features which are: faster and smoother performance, offline voice typing, better Google Search functionality, an improved and even more useful notifications area and lot more.
Now, it’s the time for SGS3 owners to rejoice as we XDA recognized developer member Faryaab who has begun porting the Galaxy Nexus ROM to the new Galaxy S3. Below we have summed up in simple methods on how you can install the new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S3. But before installing this ROM you should know that, this ROM is on unofficial port so the ROM is not very stable, also lot of things do not work. Therefore, use this ROM only to try out Jelly Bean on your device.
Some of the working components of this ROM:
- Hardware Acceleration
- Notification LED
- Cellular Radio (But No Audio so no Calls)
- Physical Buttons
Those which don’t work are:
- · Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/NFC
- · Audio
- · Camera
- · MTP
- · Storage
Warning: This article is only meant for educational and instructional purpose. Neither we nor the developer should be held liable if you damage your phone on following this article. Therefore, please proceed at your own risk.
- This article is only meant for the users who Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 i.e. the international version. Trying this article on any other phone or any other model of Samsung may damage your device.
- At least 70% charge should be there with your device, to assure that there will no Power interruptions during the process.
- You must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your S3 before installing this ROM.
- You should backup all valuable data’s on your phone, as there are chances of them getting lost during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S3 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download the Latest version of the ROM from here to your computer. Extract the downloaded file and place it in the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
Procedure to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3:
Step1: Reboot your phone into ClokworkMod Recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume up + Home + Power buttons together until the screen turns on.
Step2: You can perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM, so that you can revert the same whenever you want.
Step3: Now, from the ClockworkMod Menu, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the Rom file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step4: When ROM successfully installed on your phone, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone and land in to newly Jelly Bean.
That’s it, you have successfully installed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your SGS3. Share your queries with us or let us know your queries, we will try to help you in resolving the same.