The newest phone by Samsung in its galaxy series – Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. This phone features Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) along with the latest TouchWiz UI from Samsung. When we talk about stock ROM we expect bloatware apps to come pe
r-installed on the phone. If you want to try ICS with those bloatware apps removed, try installing CyanogenMod 9 on your mobile phone. CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) is a custom ROM based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with a few modifications on board. Galaxy S3 packs few bugs and issues, such as the FM radio not working, bad voice quality during calls, and not being able to wake the phone using the Volume keys.
In this article we are going to talk about – How to Flash the CyanogenMod 9 Nightly ROM to your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
The instruction in this guide which we are going to discuss in this article can only be applied on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Applying this instruction on another device or model may give unwanted result. If anything happens to your device while applying this update neither we nor the developer will be responsible, so proceed at your own risk.
- Backup all the important data on your phone, so that there is no data loss during the process.
- You must charge your phone at least 80 % so that there will be no power interruption.
- Disable all the security suites installed in your device as it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset by going to Settings > Developer’s option > USB Debugging.
- Your phone must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed in it.
Procedure of Flashing CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds:
Step 1: First of all copy the CyanogenMod 9 ROM package and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip to your phone’s SD card and then turn off your Samsung Galaxy S3 and reboot it into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding down the Volume Up key Home button (middle key) Power button.
Step 2: Now create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen and wait until your phone completely creates a backup of your ROM. Then perform full wipe by the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the www.atoledo.com next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
Step 3: After performing a full wipe, go back to the main menu and select “Install ZIP from SD Card” and Select “Choose ZIP” From SD Card” then locate the cm-9-20120701-EXPERIMENTAL-i9300-CAM_LED_RIL.zip. Confirm this action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your mobile phone.
Step 4: Once you are done with it, go back to the main menu and flash gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip.
Step 5: After flashing the GApps package, select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” again to make sure the calendar sync works and then go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your phone.
Updating the CM9 nightly ROM:
This instruction is for updating your phone with the latest nightly build of CyanogenMod 9. Go to the official CM9 download page for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 and check for the latest builds. If an updated ROM is available perform the following steps:
- Download the latest CM9 nightly ROM.
- Copy the ROM to the phone’s internal SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode.
- Select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and locate the latest CM9 nightly ROM.
- After installation is complete, return to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully Flashed CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds in Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. If you meet any problem while following the procedure mentioned in the article, we are always there to help you in all the possible ways.
Other reached here searching for:
- cm-9-20120701-EXPERIMENTAL-i9300-CAM_LED_RIL zip, cyanogenmod gt-i9300, download samsang s3 GT I9300 mobils game in mobile 9 com, galaxy s3 cm9 20120701, how to enable touchwiz home in gt-i9300?, mobail 9galaxy5300, sammsung mobail gt i9300, samsung galaxy wonder gt-i8150 driver for flash mobail, samsung gt I9300 nnightly rom