Samsung Galaxy S is getting Android 4.0.4 Rom is also known as Dark Knight ROM. Dark Knight is an Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) ROM for the Galaxy S i9000, ported over from the Android 4.0.4 update for the Galaxy Nexus. It brings lot of changes like increased in speed, performance and stability, along with the general niceties of ICS. This Rom is good enough for everyday use but still have some bugs, But we heard news that developers have fixed the issues. Let’s move to the procedure.
- Engine: Android 4.0.4 release Nasif modified, changed, improved
- Very Fast System
- Fat-Free ROM
- Zoom on camera
- Full init.d Support
- Touch to focus
- Voodoo Colour
- Notification widgets
- Insert Busybox
- Tweaks in Build.prop
- Best battery life [NO Android OS BUG]
- WiFi Tethering
- HD 720p Video recording
- GPS tweaks.
- Add free rom.
- Necessary app installed on your data partition.
1. This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings. So backup all your data properly of Samsung Galaxy S i9000. You can take help from here to backup your device How to Backup your device
2. Minimum battery charge required is 70%, that’s because you don’t have power problem during the process.
3. Turn off antivirus, firewall and KIES like programs. As they usually interrupt firmware update process.
Step by Step procedure to install Dark Night ROM on Galaxy S i9000:
Step1. Transfer the above downloaded .zip file to the internal SD card on the phone.
Step2. Turn off your Galaxy S so as to enter in CWM recovery. Frist wait for complete shutdown (wait for vibration and check capacitive button lights). Now hold Volume Up, Home, and the Power button together till the screen turns on, then let go of the buttons. In recovery, use Volume keys to scroll up and down and power key to select an option.
Step3. Clear all the Cache file, Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete. Select advanced, and then select wipe dalvik cache » Yes – wipe dalvik. Then go back to the main recovery menu.
Step4. Now, after wipe data, just select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by selecting “yes”.
Step5. The installation will begin; the phone might reboot into recovery in the middle of installation and then continue installing the ROM.
Step6. After the installation is complete, select go back and then select reboot system now to reboot your Galaxy S i9000.
Step7. First reboot will take 5 Minutes so wait.
That’s it you have completed the procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- download free the dark night for android 4 0 4, samsung galaxy i9000, samsung galaxy s 1 darky knight 4 1 2