From Build 1 to Build 15 of ICS for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000, Build 16 of ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware is finally in the market and In this article we are going to show you how to update above in the Android Device. So, just follow some steps to do it in right place.
This is to inform you that this is just a beta version and you are not going to enjoy its full functionality. But if you are interested to try it, you can do it. Moreover, this beta version is not an official release as developed by third party.
The pre requirement should be strictly followed in order to ensure that the firmware is updated successfully. We are not responsible for your device in any skip in the process may cause failure.
Change Log of Build 16
- Regression in BUILD 15: Super user application crashes
- Regression in BUILD 15: Data Roaming enabled by default
- Back camera does not record geo tagging
- Camera crashes when changing resolution
- New: WM8994 Extensions (aka “Voodoo Sound”) is now configurable from DSP Manager
Pre Requirement for Updating:
- In starting, you need to take backup of all the data contains in your device to make it ensure that in worst case you can manage to get your data back. The things you need to take backup are – SMS, Contacts, APN and MMS settings, Images, MP3s, Videos, Phone Network’s Access Point Settings, Remember Notes, etc.
- Then, you need to enable your USB Debugging. You can do this by going to path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging as in image –
- Then, you need to uninstall all your security suites and firewall tools of Android Device just to ensure that they don’t interrupt in middle.
Step-by-step method to update Samsung Galaxy S with Build 16 ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Now, download few listed packages to start the process –
Once the download is completed, connect the Galaxy S with the system and transfer the files to SD Card. Remember, don’t put them inside and folder otherwise it won’t detect any thing.
- Go through the path Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version to detect the current firmware in your Galaxy S. It should be XXJVU Firmware.
- After the transfer, turn off your phone and start the recovery mode process.
- The recovery mode process can be done through Pressing Volume Button + Menu Key + Power On button. Then, select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ & ‘Wipe Cache partition’ to clean up cache of your device.
- Then, select ‘install zip from SD Card’ > ‘choose zip from SD Card’ > Build 16 ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware zip package, Google Apps with Face unlock and Google Apps Fixer package one by one.
- Then, select “Go Back” and “reboot system now” to reboot your Galaxy S.
- This may reboot your phone again and again as you process the files one after one. This process may take few minutes for update the device.
So, finally your Android Device is lass with latest beta version of Build 16 ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware. See how it feels to have it.
Other reached here searching for:
- gt-i9000 firmware android 4 0, remi ics 4 0 4 galaxy s i9000