The Galaxy Note was released and it took no time to get rooted. The Galaxy Note was recently rooted by the ClockworkMod recovery, an application that allows users to install their own ROMS and kernels, along with modified basebands. The task comes easier than other devices such as Motorola or HTC, and for those familiar with the Galaxy S II, it should be quicker work due to the similarities between specs and system files in the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Note. This method was developed previously for the EVO 3D and other HTC devices but has been recently updated to work for Samsung smartphones as well.
How to Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Note:
- The first step is to download and install KIES on your PC.
- Download ODIN from here and extract the files to a folder. It will be convenient if you can rename the folder on desktop as “Odin”.
- After this, download ClockworkMod Recovery Odin flashable .tar file from here and save it in Odin folder
- Now put your phone in download mode. You can do this by first powering off your phone and then booting it back again while pressing volume down key along with power and home button.
- After you are in download mode, connect your phone to the computer and wait for driver installation.
- Now open the Odin folder and click on Odin.exe.
- Now you will see Odin application screen with one com port tab gone yellow. The yellow tab signifies that your device is connected to computer in download mode.
- After this, click on PDA tab on ODIN and select ClockworkMod Recovery Tar file you earlier copied to ODIN folder.
- Now click on Start and wait for ODIN to complete the flashing process.
- After the flashing is complete, your phone will automatically reboot.
- Now download SuperUser CWM flashable zip from here, connect your phone to the computer and copy the zip file to SD Card root.
- Now reboot your phone in Recovery.
- Once your phone is in recovery mode, go to “install zip from SD Card” and select SuperUser.zip file to flash / install.
- Now reboot your phone.
- Once your phone boots, download Root Checker app from Market to verify root access on your phone.
Other reached here searching for:
- clockworkmod recovery odin flashable tar file galaxy note, clockwork recovery mode galaxy note, galaxy note recovery tar odin, gt-i9000 recovery tar, recovery clockworkmod odin flashable tar galaxy note, TELECHARGER FLASHEUR GALAXY NOTE N7000 A DOUBLE SIM, tuto instalar recovery mode galaxy note