As we know that, Samsung is taking ages to release an Android 4.0 update for the Galaxy S family. But thanks to the excellent developer community that always working hard to give us the latest technology.
Now, there is a good news for Samsung Fascinate because now they can Install Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on there Samsung Fascinate and we’re always optimistic that this entire family of the Galaxy S series would see some Ice Cream Sandwich, whether or not Samsung updates them as it should. Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate looks very similar to the Samsung Beam. It utilizes a large 4-inch WVGA Super AMOLED screen, a 1GHz processor and the Android 2.1 operating system. The camera is 5MP with option for 720p HD video recording at 30 frames per second. Other goodies include 3G, Wi-Fi, A-GPS, HD video playback, as well as playback for many other formats like FLAC, and MKV.
The device was recently graced with the “Alphalulz” ICS build courtesy of the folks over at RootzWiki, primarily dev JT1134. It is compiled entirely from the AOSP & Samsung source code & Samsung binaries. Like all other ICS builds out on the zone, this is also an Alpha build, so I wouldnt expect it to be a ROM that one could use as a daily driver.
Radio (Calls / 3G / SMS/MMS)
What doesn’t work:
USB mass storage
device encryption (fixed in upcoming build)
Steps to flash:
- Don’t try this from MTD based roms like CM7, MIUI or any other AOSP rom. Make sure you have the an official Samsung firmware, which are based on BML, before flahsing this rom.
- Of course, you need to have ClockWorkMod recovery installed. So, if you don’t have one search and get that first.
- Back up your data,bookmarks, contacts, apps and everything else that you do not want to lose, as installing this ROM will erase all data. This guide should help you out with doing that.
- Download the Extreme Alphalulz V2 ROM here
- Transfer the rom to phone.
- Boot your fascinate into recovery mode by pressing and holding both volume keys and then pressing the power key. Keep holding both volume keys until Samsung logo appears.
- In recovery, do both Wipe Data & Wipe Cache Partition
- Go to install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard and browse and select the rom you transferred in step 5 above.
- Select yes to start flahsing the Android 4.0 based AOSP rom. Once done, reboot phone and you’ll have latest android OS, v4.0.1, on your Samsung Fascinate.
- You can follow the development on the Extreme Alphalulz ICS ROM in jt1134′s thread here.
If you face any type of problem by doing same, then simply ask us through comment section below.
Other reached here searching for:
- t959p android custom rom, how to find recovery and backup mode on sgh- t959p, how to put ice cream sandwich on galaxy fascinate, t959p roms, Galaxy S Fascinate 4G SGH-T959P rom, SGH T959P Custom Roms, sgh-t959p update, T959P CUSTOM ROMS, t959p ics, samsung mesmerize update to android 4 0, samsung galaxy exhilarate driver, samsung fascinate install ice cream sandwich, samsung fascinate 4g jellybean or ice cream update, samsung fascinate 4 0 upgrade, Samsung facinate can I root to ice cream sandwich from firmware 2 1, root samsung galax fascinate y ice cream, ice cream sandwich for galaxy t959p, how to upgrade samsung fascinate to ice cream sandwich, yhs-flvxvid