Today we would discuss how to Root Galaxy S2 I9100 running on XXLPS ICS 4.0.3 Firmware. Samsung Galaxy S2 comes with Android OS v2.3 and a powerful Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor. It has big 4.3 inches Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touch screen with 16M colors and 400 x 800 pixels resolution. Samsung Galaxy S2 has 8 MP camera with autofocus, LED flash and also with a Secondary 2 MP camera with Video recording at 1080p@30fps. The phone has Bluetooth v3.0+Headset, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct and 3G data transfer at HSDPA 21 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps. People who have update on XXLPS firmware of Galaxy S2 is now seeking for how to root there device on this firmware, so here we are with the free tutorial which guide you to root your device. So, before proceeding, check whether your phone is on XXLPS 4.0.3 Firmware or not from the path Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where it should show the current firmware is XXLPS Android 4.0.3 firmware. If there is any other version being shown then you need to update with the XXLPS Firmware.
2. Download the XXLPS Rooting Package from here to your computer
3. Minimum battery charge required is 70%, that’s because you don’t have power problem during the process.
4. Enable the USB Debugging in your SAMSUNG Galaxy S2 GT I9100 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
5. Disable all the antivirus suites and Kies program. As they usually use to interrupt the program.
Step by step procedure to Root Galaxy S2 I9100 on XXLPS ICS 4.0.3 Firmware:
Step1. Extract the above downloaded Rooting Package of XXLPS into your PC.
Step2. Now, in the extracted files you will see the Odin root tool in your computer. Open the Odin and turn off your phone so that you can then enter the device in the Download mode. The Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If green Robot shown you have been entered in Download Mode.
Step3. Connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable while keeping the Odin opened, after which the ID: COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
Step4. Now, on Odin PDA section tab, select the file as “CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LPS-v5.4-CWM5″ to click on Start. It will take around 4 minutes to complete the rooting process.
Step5. Once it’s done, the phone will restart and then disconnect the phone from PC once you see the home screen.
Step6. Now, just simply go to Recovery Mode. The recovery mode in Galaxy S2 I9100 can be entered into by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device.
Step7. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
Step8. Then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device. This will ensure that no force close errors are occurred after successful rooting.
That’s it you have rooted your Galaxy S2 I9100 running on XXLPS ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
Other reached here searching for:
- xxlps jelly bean, i9100 xxlps official jellybean, jelly bean per xxlps, jelly bean s2 xxlps, jelly bean xxlps, root s2 4 0 3 xxlps, root was interupted on samsung gs2, root xxlps s2 clockwork, rooting galaxy s2 running ics lps, update s2 XXLPS TO JELLYBEAN, xwlp7 xxlps root, xxlps galaxy s2 rootolása, 4 0 3 xxlps root, i9100 xxlps update to jelly bean, i9100 lps xwlp7 official jelly bean, 9100 rom update xxlps, 9100xxlps, cf root galaxy s2 xxlps, cf root gs2 xxlps 4 0 3 ICS, CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LPS-v5 4-CWM5