Do you have Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000? if yes, then this article is specially for you. Now come to the point, do you have the latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000? Just in case if you don’t know or want to know on which firmware version you are on then you can check the firmware from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where you will find the version of Android OS where it will show XWJVU / XWJVZ Gingerbread 2.3.6.
So in next few day, we will be trying out on how you can update with the beta version of ICE CREAM SANDWICH Android 4.0 version which will require your phone to be on the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.6. So, be it XWJVU or XWJVZ Firmware, so by following this article you can easily root your Galaxy S GT I9000.
At SamsungMobileClub we make sure that our readers take all precaution and preventive [prevent data loss and soft Bricks] measures before installing Custom ROM, Root or flashing firmware.
We have explained all required steps in detail:
Step 1: To ensure that you do not lose anything, please create backup of SMS, Contacts, APN settings, Whatapp chat messages etc. [ Alternative link to backup SMS, MMS, Contacts, Calendar, events on Samsung Android Phones]
Step 2: Please ensure that you have a desired battery level to perform the procedure [ we suggest minimum 60%]. While Installing custom ROM or Rooting your device it is required to enable USB debugging. You will find USB debug enable options in Settings>>Developer option. If you still do not get it check out our detailed tutorial about Enabling USB debugging and checking batter status /Usages.
Step 3: If you have already rooted your device and install CWM recovery and going to install a ROM then please backup your Firmware ROM using CWM recovery.
Step 4: We suggest a full backup of your apps and cache data, if you are rooted use Titanium Backup [ App backup and Restore tutorial] Or you can follow this tutorial to backup without root access.
Step 5: Please disable Antivirus, Firewall or other security apps before flashing Root, Firmware or Custom ROM as them may interrupt the procedure. We also suggest to disable Samsung Kies if you are flashing through PC.
Step 6: Please insure that you have correct driver and ADB installed on your System.
If you face any issues you can restore ROM using CWM recovery. After installing Backup you can restore all apps, SMS, Contacts and settings using the Tutorial provided on above mentioned links.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible in any manner if anything happens to your device as which is a very unlikely case if you follow each and every instruction carefully given in this article.
How to Root Galaxy S GT I9000:
- First of all download corresponding CF Root Packages for the respective firmwares from the above links to your computer.
- Now extract the file from the downloaded CF Root Packages.
- Along with the above appropriate CF Root Package file, you have to also download the Odin Flash tool which we will see on how you can make use of the same.
- After this, turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the download mode.
- The download mode can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the phone encounters with the normal booting then you need to try multiple times to get into download mode.
- Now, in the download mode you will have to connect the phone to the computer and then the ID : COM section in the Odin will turn yellow as shown below which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed and you are now ready to proceed to the next step.
- Now, you need to click on “PDA” and choose the corresponding PDA file which you got in the extracted folder.
- So, once you have selected the file, click on “Start” after which the rooting process will be done. Once the rooting process is done, the phone will be restarted and then you will have to turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode.
- Now press Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button to enter in the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
Congratulation, your device has been rooted successfully. If you face any problem while doing this, then simply tell us through the comment section given below.
Other reached here searching for:
- root para jvz, yhse-gt, how to root samsung galaxy s i9000, cf root package for xwjvz, root i9000 gingerbread 2 3 6, how to root samsung galaxy s GT-i9000, how to root galaxy s GT-i9000, gt-ı9000 root, root del samsung galaxy sgt9000, root gingerbread xwjvz, 2 3 6 galaxy s root, how to root i9000, root gt i9000 gingerbread, gingerbread xwjvz, i9000 ginger bread 2 3 6, root gt-i9000, root i9000 gingerbread xwjvz, gingerbread xwjvz root, how to rot android samsung galaxy s GT-I9000, gt i9000 root