Samsung Epic 4G Touch D710 has got is updated with Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware. Samsung Epic 4G Touch D710 has 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor, PowerVR SGX540 GPU, Hummingbird chipset, AMOLED Capacitive Touch screen, QWERTY keyboard, Multi-touch input method, 5 MP Camera. Samsung Epic 4G Touch is getting very late for ICS update. So Developer launched their unofficial update of ICS 4.0.3 for Epic. This firmware is known as latest FC 15 ICS firmware. There was an FC 14 version of firmware, but there were some major bugs which have been addressed in this version of firmware. Since this FC 15 is a beta update, there will be some bugs but these will be addressed in the coming days with the patch updated. So let’s move on to the procedure.
How to update FC 15 Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware on Samsung Epic 4G Touch D710:
Disclaimer: This FC 15 Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware is only for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch D710, not for any other device. If you still go on high probability that the device may get bricked. Neither we nor developer are responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process, with the following procedure. If any issues occur we are committed to help you in solving the same.
At SamsungMobileClub we make sure that our readers take all precaution and preventive [prevent data loss and soft Bricks] measures before installing Custom ROM, Root or flashing firmware.
We have explained all required steps in detail:
Step 1: To ensure that you do not lose anything, please create backup of SMS, Contacts, APN settings, Whatapp chat messages etc. [ Alternative link to backup SMS, MMS, Contacts, Calendar, events on Samsung Android Phones]
Step 2: Please ensure that you have a desired battery level to perform the procedure [ we suggest minimum 60%]. While Installing custom ROM or Rooting your device it is required to enable USB debugging. You will find USB debug enable options in Settings>>Developer option. If you still do not get it check out our detailed tutorial about Enabling USB debugging and checking batter status /Usages.
Step 3: If you have already rooted your device and install CWM recovery and going to install a ROM then please backup your Firmware ROM using CWM recovery.
Step 4: We suggest a full backup of your apps and cache data, if you are rooted use Titanium Backup [ App backup and Restore tutorial] Or you can follow this tutorial to backup without root access.
Step 5: Please disable Antivirus, Firewall or other security apps before flashing Root, Firmware or Custom ROM as them may interrupt the procedure. We also suggest to disable Samsung Kies if you are flashing through PC.
Step 6: Please insure that you have correct driver and ADB installed on your System.
If you face any issues you can restore ROM using CWM recovery. After installing Backup you can restore all apps, SMS, Contacts and settings using the Tutorial provided on above mentioned links.
How to install FC 15 Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware on Samsung Epic 4G Touch D710:
2. Now, open the package we would found “SPH-D710.FC15_CL256308_ROOTED-oc-sfx” self extractable file.
3. Open extractable .zip file and extract it on your desktop.
4. Go to the extracted folder where you will found Odin tool, named as “SPH-D710.FC15_CL256308_ROOTED-OneClick”.
5. Once the Odin is opened, you now need to connect your phone to the computer in the download mode. How*- turn off the phone and restart it by pressing the Volume Down button + the Menu Button and then Power ON the device. If the device turns ON in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the download mode.
6. On download mode, connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable while keeping the Odin open in your computer.
7. Once you connect the device, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow that means all drivers of your phone are installed correctly.
Note: if the ID: COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
8. Now on Odin, you need to click on “Start” to begin the process of firmware update.
9. After the firmware is updated successfully, you will see the home screen.
10. Now, Remove the connected USB cable.
11. Again turn off the device so to be entered in the recovery mode. How*-by pressing Menu Button and then Power ON at a same time on the phone. If the device turns ON in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the recovery mode.
Note: if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- android 4 0 3 for sph d710, d710 slimrom, SPH-D710 FC15_CL256308_ROOTED-oc-sfx download