Here is an Official Indian ICS 4.0.3 Firmware update for Galaxy S2 I9100. In this due course article we would discuss about how to update Galaxy S2 I9100 with ICS 4.0.3 Firmware and at the same time we would discuss about how root your device in this firmware. Rooting your device may void your warranty period but you can reclaim the lost warranty is by applying the Official firmware again by following the corresponding instructions. Let’s check out the procedure.
Disclaimer: This artical is only for the educational purpose. Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. If in case any problem any issues occur then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- Backup your data properly, so in case data in the device get erased or corrupted you can restore it back where it was. Follow the backup procedure from here
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Battery should be charged at least 80% so as to ensure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
- Disable all the antivirus program and firewall should be turned off.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 on Official Indian ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware:
1. Download the ICS Rooting Package for Indian S2 from here.
2. Extract the above downloaded file into your desktop. From here you will see gthe Odin root tool. Open it
3. Now, Turn Off your phone so as to go in Download mode. How*- by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
4. As you connect the phone to the computer, you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed. If it doesn’t get yellow blink then drivers are not properly installed. You can take these steps as a help.
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
5. Now on Odin Click on “PDA” tab and select “CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5”.
6. Once you select the file, you need to click on “Start” for starting the process of rooting. As soon as the rooting process is done, the phone will be restarted.
7. Once you see the home screen, disconnect the phone from the computer.
8. Now, again turn Off so as to enter the phone in the recovery mode. How*- by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
Note: If the update process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- sgy tutorial to install ics android 4 0 3 with image, best modem for galaxy s2 ics, best modem for s2 india, i9100t india firmware update, i9100t indian firmwaer, samsung i9100t india firmware