Samsung Galaxy Nexus has got ICS 4.0.4 Cyanogenmod (CM9) Rom. This Rom is created by XDA developer Swordrune 10. This is a Nightly Rom means, Nightlies are automatically generated builds of the ROM that are built every night incorporating all the changes made by the developers every day, keep the user up to date with the update on daily basis. First moving to the procedure you should know that this Rom is for the Galaxy Nexus GSM version, not for CDMA.
Read our full article to know the installation procedure:
Pre-Requisites for updating Cyanogenmod (CM9) Rom:
1. You must have GSM Version of Galaxy Nexus with Clockwork Mode recovery installed. It should not be applied on CDMA version of Nexus,
2. Backup all your data properly, so that after applying this firmware you can restore all your data back to its own place. You can take help from this tutorial
3. Charge your battery at least 80% so that no power interruption during the process.
4. Download the Cyanogenmod (CM9) ICS 4.0.4 Rom.
5. Download the Google Apps package as it will install Market, Gmail, etc.
Step by step guide to install Cyanogenmod (CM9) ICS 4.0.4 Rom on Samsung Galaxy Nexus :
Step1. First connect your Galaxy Nexus to the PC with the help of original USB cable.
Step2. Now transfer the ROM file as well as Google app package into your phones internal SD card slot.
Step3. Now turn off the phone and restart it to enter in Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery. The CWM in Galaxy Nexus can be entered by pressing the Power + Volume Up and Down together. Now you have to enter in Fastboot mode. The Fastboot Mode in Galaxy Nexus can be entered by pressing Volume Up twice till you see Recovery selected, then press Power button to boot into recovery. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select.
Step4. Now you have to do full wipe of your device. It will clear the entire OLD Rom cache file so that you can put the new Rom. To clear the cache => Select wipe data/factory reset => then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete => now Select wipe cache then select yes on next screen to confirm.
Step5. Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by selecting yes, the Rom will start installing.
Step6. After the ROM finishes installing, select go back to go back to the main recovery menu.
Step7. Now repeat the same procedure in step 5 again to install the Google app package (gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip).
Step8. After all procedure is complete, go back and select reboot system now for completing the installation.
That’s it now you have installed Cyanogenmod (CM9) ICS 4.0.4 Rom on Samsung Galaxy Nexus
How to Upgrade to Newer Builds of the ROM:
Step1. As usual download the latest version of Rom into your PC.
Step2. Transfer the Rom file into your Galaxy Nexus as I have told you above installation steps.
Step3. Now, boot in Recovery Mode and select install .zip from sdcard. Choose the zip file from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it. As same as above installation steps which I have told you earlier.
Step4. Now just simply reboot your device.
Other reached here searching for:
- cyanogenmod rom for galaxy y duos, Cyanogen rom for galaxy y duos, cm9 download for gt-s6802, gt-s6802 cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod 10 for galaxy y duos, cyanogenmod for samsung galaxy y duos, galaxy y duos cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod gt-s6802, cyanogen samsung galaxy y duos, cm9 galaxy y duos, cygenomod nexus 4 0 4, cm9 for galaxy s duos, cm9 for Samsung galaxy y duos, galaxy y duos cm9, download gapps for gingerbread samsung gt-s6802, gapps cm9 galaxy y, galaxy duos cyanogenmod, galaxy y duos cyanogen 10, รอม CM9 galaxy y duos, how to change the cm9 version of galaxy y