Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with ICS Android 4.0 XXKP1 Firmware update is now available. This is the first Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for Non-Nexus devices. Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 is also known as Samsung’s Rockstar device. The leaked firmware is dubbed as i9100XXKP1, or XXKP1 if you prefer, and is flashable from Odin, the PC software use to flash firmware’s. This Firmware is brought by SamMobile, However this firmware is not available through KIES or over the air. To install this firmware we have to flash it manually using a pc tool Odin.
Specs of Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 :
The Galaxy S II has a 1.2 GHz dual-core “Exynos” system on a chip (SoC) processor with ARM’s Mali-400 MP GPU , 1 GB of RAM, a 10.8 cm (4.3 in) WVGA Super AMOLED Plus screen display and an 8 megapixel camera with flash and full 1080p high definition video recording. It is one of the first devices to offer a Mobile High-definition Link (MHL),which allows up to 1080p uncompressed video output with HDMI while charging the device at the same time. Samsung S2 gives talk time is 9 hours on 3G and 18.3 hours on 2G.
Steps how to upgrade ICS Android 4.0 XXKP1 :
NOTE: This post is only for educational purpose if any thing happens to your device we are not responsible.
Required things before upgrading:
1. First download the firmware update for Galaxy S II from here DOWNLOAD
2. After downloading firmware file , extract it using password “samfirmware.com” on any safe place. File will be .Tar
3. Go to settings>>applications>>development and enable usb debugging mode.
4. If you have rooted phone or using any custom ROM Then you will have to clear cache and wipe data which can done by booting your phone in recovery mode and select Wipe data/factory reset and also select wipe cache partition
5. now we shall move on first extract SAMSUNG_USB.rar and install drivers on pc.
6. Run Odin3 v1.83.exe
7. Firmware is extracted now If you got three or more files then Select Re-Partition , Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time
8. If you got only single file then select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time
6. select the .tar file firmware folder, Steps in three more files.
Click on PIT and Select .pit file
Click on PDA and Select .tar file with CODE / PDA in the name
Click on PHONE and Select .tar file with MODEM in the name
Click on CSC and Select .tar file csc / csc-multi in the name
7. If you got single file then you shall click on PDA and select single .tar file
8. next step will be switching off your phone.
9. Boot your device in download mode like this press & hold volume down and middle key and while holding both press power on key. Remember boot from download mode is necessary if it doesn’t happen do not processed.
10. On download mode connect your phone to pc with the help of usb cable.
11. Your phone get started flashing when ID:COM section turn yellow and in message boxes “ADDED” appears.
12. Click on start button do not disconnect the cable or turn off the device, it will reboot when it finishes.
13. That’s it you have done.
14. Now boot your phone in recovery mode : press and hold VOLUME UP and MIDDLE KEY ,while holding both press POWER ON
15. In recovery mode touch screen will not work so use volume UP and Down navigate through options and MIDDLE KEY to confirm.
16. choose “wipe cache partition” from menu, it will clear the cache data
17. now select reboot system now.
That’s it guys hope you have like this process. tell me about this post.
Other reached here searching for:
- ics firmware, ics firmware for s2, how to update a firmware on a i9100 mobile phone, s2 lte firmware, samsung galaxy ace (gt-s5830) android ics 4 0 1 via odin, samsung galaxy s gt i9003 firmware xxkp1, SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 DTI9100 UPDATE, download the ICS firmware, Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with ICS Android 2013, Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 upgrade to 4 3, samsung i9100 firmware, Samsung Stratosphere Upgrade to ICS by super one click, non custom firmware for s2 gt-i9100, lenovo k1 cables, firmware samsung i9100, GDXLC1 vs, gt-i9100 firmware au, ICS (4 0 firmware download, ics firmware download, ics firmware download for samsung