As we know that recently Nexus S and Galaxy nexus has been updated to the ICS Android 4.0.3 update and according to our sources Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 is just days away from getting the fully functional and working ICS Android 4.0.3 update. Now before that happen we have a good news for you that, if you have Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 then you can now upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 to look like an ICS laden phone. For this you must have the JVU / JVZ Firmware version. in this article we are not telling you to apply any sorts of custom ROM or buggy Custom ROMs but a theme which will change whole of your device’s framework to that of ICS one. It is up to you that you can wait for an official ICS update.
Now in this due article we are giving all the procedure to install ICE CREAM SANDWICH ANDROID 4.0.3 theme in your Galaxy S GT I9000. Specially thanks to zznhfor making this brilliant theme.
How to check on Which Firmware you are ON?
Go to path “Applications > Settings > About Phone” where you will find version as JVU / JVZ. If you are on any of other firmwares, then you first need to update to any of these to apply this theme.
Attention: You have to be on the Rooted Firmware of JVU / JVZ so as to install this ICS Android 4.0 theme in your Galaxy S GT I9000. Also, most importantly, this will only work on the phones which bear the model number as I9000 and is not for the devices such as I9000B / T etc. or even say I9003 etc. If you still continue to apply this in your phone then the device may get damaged.
Good part: At the time of installing no data loss or corruption will happen in your device and is safe to apply this theme. The only condition is that you must follow each and every single mentioned instruction.
Steps to install ICS Android 4.0.3 on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000:
- First of all you have to download the appropriate Android 4.0.3 Theme Zip Package to your computer.
- Now, after this enable the USB Debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Time to connect your Galaxy S GT I9000 to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- After that, copy the downloaded Zip File package to your device’s SD Card.
- After copying, disconnect the phone from the computer and then turn Off the phone so as to enter into the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Please note that just in case if the device boots up in the normal mode, you need to again try entering into the recovery mode.
- Please note that alternatively you can also apply this zip file using the CWM in your phone.
- Once you enter into the recovery mode, select the option of “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then you need to first select the file of ICS Theme Zip file which you have placed in your phone.
- So as soon as the theme is installed successfully, you will now land up again on the recovery screen. Now, in the recovery screen, you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” > “reboot system now” so that the device is now booted successfully.
- Congratulation, you have now successfully installed the ICS Android 4.0.3 theme in your Galaxy S GT I9000.
- Now if you want return back to previous android default theme then you have to get into the recovery mode and flash the appropriate file from below mentioned link,
If you face any problem at the time of upgrading, simply tell us through comment section below.
Other reached here searching for:
- gt-i9000t 4 2 2 firmware, gt-i9000 ics, jvu custom roms, ics gt-i9000, ics gt i9000, ics for gt i9000, ics ace i9000, i9000 ics, how to upgrade f/w samsung GT-i9000, gti9000t ics tutorial, samsung i927uclj3 upgrade ics 4 2 1 custom restore