If you are a owner of Samsung Galaxy Y S5360, then there is a good news for you, that new firmware has now leaked and this is Android 2.3.6 based firmware for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 ─ XXKK6. In this due article I am presenting you the full procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Y S5360 with Android 2.3.6 based firmware XXKK6.
This update comes at a time when some users have reported issues regarding the Wi Fi bug but this update seems to have worked pretty well for the users on Static IP.
Attention Readers: This is not an Official update released by Samsung Electronics and is the beta leaked version. It is very unfortunate that despite Galaxy Y phone being on the latest and official 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware, there are issues with the firmware.
Don’t forget to back up your data. If you have synced the device with a Google account, then the contacts, calendar, Gmail, & select other Google-related data will not be lost and will come back after the next sync. However, you should backup anything you want to keep that is not stored on the SD card:
- SMS/MMS messages,
- Call Log,
- Applications; use Titanium Backup or the Astro File Manager, for example,
- Any application data not on the SD card.
It would also be a good idea to backup everything stored on the SD card in the rare case the SD card must be formatted to resolve any major problems.
Requirement: Gingerbread XXKK6 2.3.6 Zip Package
Step by Step procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy Y and install Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread update ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y
- After Downloading Gingerbread package to your computer. Extract the same to the desktop so that it will be easier for you to locate the same.
- In the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter in the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- Now match the extracted files with the below shown screen capture. Even if single file is missing then you need to check with the extraction process or the download process.
- Up next from the extracted files, you need to open the Odin executable file in your computer and turn Off the phone so that it can be entered into the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Now in the download mode, connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable and then you need to wait for the ID : COM section in odin to turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been installed successfully and you are ready to select the files in the next step.
- Now, click on the “PDA” tab to choose the file named as “” from extracted folder and click on “start”. Once the firmware process is completed, the phone will be restarted after which you will be prompted to enter the Google Account credentials as well as select the language preferences.
- To check whether he firmware has been successfully updated or not, you need to go to the path “Applications > Settings > About Phone” where you will find the firmware version mentioned as xxkk6 2.3.6 Gingerbread version.
- After this, turn off the phone to get into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Center Key and press the Power Button. n the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option which will clear off all the cache data present in the phone.
If you follow this steps correctly then your Samsung Galaxy Y has been updated to new firmware Android 2.3.6. If you face any type of problem while doing this then simply tell us through comment section given below.
Other reached here searching for:
- yhs-004, android 2 3 6 update for samsung galaxy y, android 2 3 6 update samsung galaxy y, samsung galaxy y firmware, galaxi you, samsung galaxy y android 2 3 6 update, galaxy you, samsung galaxy Y android update, galaxy y update, how to update samsung galaxy y to android 2 3 6, Galaxy Y 2 3 6 Update (Indian) zip, how to upgrade galaxy y android 2 3 6 to 4 0, galaxy y 2 3 6 update, samsung galaxy y update android 2 3 6, galaxy y software update failed, samsung galaxy y update, samsung galaxy y software update, samsung galaxy y software update processing failed, samsung galaxy y 2 3 6 update download, galaxy y firmware