Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 has juice up with the latest version of Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 firmware update which is dubbed as XXLP2. This is an official firmware version for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 not for GT I9100G. Keeps that in mind applying this firmware doesn’t mean that the phone is rooted. If you have already rooted your device then after applying this firmware, the rooting access will be revoked. Before going to the procedure let’s check out this phone specs and features.
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 Specs and features:
Samsung Galaxy S 2 GT I9100 powered with Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, latest Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), the best in class 4.3 inches Super AMOLED Plus Capacitive Touchscreen, 8 MP primary camera with autofocus, LED flash and Front 2.0 MP Camera for live chat and the camera has Geo-Tagging, Touch Focus, Face and Smile Detection and Image Stabilization. Galaxy S 2 has 16GB internal storage with 1 GB RAM.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S 2 GT I9100 in XXLP2 ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
- Download ICS XXLP2 Android 4.0.3 Firmware Package(password –“android”)
- 1. Extract the above downloaded file to your desktop and when it asks for password this enter “android”.
- 2. There should be six files shown after extraction. One single file should not miss.
- 3. Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device by go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and tick the option.
- 4. Turn Off the phone so as to get the phone into the download mode. How*- by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown.
- 5. Once device is entered into the download mode, Open Odin in your computer and connect Galaxy S2 with the help of USB cable.
- 6. You should see that ID: COM section in Odin will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers are updated successfully.
In Odin, click on files as mentioned PIT – u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit, PDA – I9100_CODE_I9100XXLP2_CL57619_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5, Phone – MODEM_I9100XXLP1_REV_02_CL1095381.tar.md5, CSC – GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALP2.tar.md5
- 7. Now after selecting the files click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- 8. Once it’s finished, the device will be restarted after which it may prompt you to enter the Google Account credentials as well as other Internet credentials.
- 9. Now again turn off the phone so as to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- 10. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- 11. To clear the partition select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
- 12. If the device boots normally then again you need to try the same to enter into the recovery mode.
- 13. If you need to check that firmware has successfully installed or not go to “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where you will find the version of XXLP2 Android 4.0.3 firmware.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.