After a long time Icecream Sandwich leak firmware update has been released for Samsung Galaxy Note. It’s meant for version of the Note or model number GT-N7000 and GT-I9220, but for its Chinese Galaxy Note, model number GT-I9220 would be best. Considering there has not been a single ICS leak for the Note as yet, but it turns out that this firmware leak is specific to the Chinese variant, and hence is risky to try out on the GT-N7000. Please note that this update of ICS is still under testing and not yet officially rolled out by Samsung Electronics. This update is dubbed as ZCPL1 firmware; let’s check out updating procedure of Samsung Galaxy Note.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note on ZCPL1 Icecream Sandwich firmware:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
Applying this update won’t update the device in any manner, so you will not lose the warranty which is the case if you update the phone. Just in case if you have already rooted the Galaxy note N7000/GT-I9220 then after applying this update the rooting access will be revoked and you can claim back the lost warranty.
- Disable all the Security apps as well as the Firewall tools in your computer as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Download the Galaxy Note ICS Firmware File and odin from here to your computer
1. Open the Odin executable file in your computer
2. Turn Off your Galaxy Note so that you can enter the device in the download mode. How*- by pressing Volume down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
3. Once the Note is turned ON in the download mode, with the help of USB Cable connect the phone with the computer while keeping Odin opened in your computer.
4. The ID: COM section in Odin will turn yellow which means your all drivers are installed successfully.
5. Click on “PDA” and select the file named as “I9220LP1-N7000-ICS-REPACK-1.tar”.
6. After selecting the file, you need to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
7. As soon as the firmware update is completed, the device will be rebooted and the update will be applied successfully.
8. You need to remove the connected USB Cable and turn Off the Note so as to enter the device in the recovery mode. How*- by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
9. In recovery mode, select options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and also you need to select the option of “Clear Dalvik Cache” after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now after which all the cache files will get deleted.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure. To check the firmware has been updated successfully or not, Go to“Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where you will find the version of XXLA3 Android 4.0.3 firmware.