Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi Edition N8010 got its Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean XXBLK9 official firmware update. It has been officially released in Germany, UK, Austria and France. But if you have owned the International variant of Galaxy Note 10.1 tablets and due to some reasons unable to update your phone with OTA procedures, you can try with this manual update. You just have to follow our procedure and you will have Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update. The update brings with it all the Jelly Bean 4.1 apps and also fixes most of the bugs which were previously there in ICS builds.
Read the article carefully to learn how you can apply this update on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi Edition N8010.
Warning: We will not hold any responsibility if you damage or brick your phone in the process of following this article. Therefore, please proceed at your own risk.
What steps should be taken before installing this Rom:
At SamsungMobileClub we make sure that our readers take all precaution and preventive [prevent data loss and soft Bricks] measures before installing Custom ROM, Root or flashing the firmware.
We have explained all required steps in detail:
1. To ensure that you do not lose anything, please create a backup of SMS, Contacts, APN settings, What app chat messages etc. [Alternative link to backup SMS, MMS, Contacts, Calendar, events on Samsung Android Phones]
2. Please ensure that you have a desired battery level to perform the procedure [we suggest minimum 60%]. While Installing custom ROM or rooting your device it is required to enable USB debugging. You will find the USB debug enable options in Settings>>Developer option. If you still do not get it, check out our detailed tutorial about Enabling USB debugging and checking batter status /Usages.
3. If you have already rooted your device and install CWM recovery and going to install a ROM then please backup your Firmware ROM using CWM recovery. While installing this Rom rooting will be revoked.
4. We suggest a full backup of your apps and cache data, if you are rooted use Titanium Backup [App backup and Restore tutorial] or you can follow this tutorial to backup without root access.
5. Please disable Antivirus, Firewall or other security apps before flashing Root, Firmware or Custom ROM as they may interrupt the procedure. We also suggest disabling Samsung Kies if you are flashing through a PC.
6. After installing Backup you can restore all apps, SMS, Contacts and settings using the Tutorial provided for above mentioned links. If you face any issues you can restore ROM using CWM recovery.
7. Download Android 4.1.1 XXBLK9 ROM zip and Odin tool. Extract the odin tool package and install it in your windows PC. Also extract the Rom file and you will get. tar. md5. Move the files to a convenient location of your computer.
How to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean XXBLK9 official firmware in Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi Edition N8010:
Step 1: First you have to switch off your Note 10.1. Now, boot in Download mode, it can be done by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time. When the tablet screen powers ON you should view a “Warning!!” alert and now you simply need to press Volume UP to load Android Download Mode.
Step 2: Connect your device to your computer while it’s in download mode and now start the Odin tool on your computer. If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number and a message added will appear.
Step 3: Click the PDA button and then browse to the folder where you have extracted the rom file “tar. md5”file. Tick the Auto Reboot and F. Reset time checkboxes under the Odin window.
Step 4: Now hit the start button to begin installation. Wait for the word “PASS” to appear. Once it appears phone will be rebooted, now you can safely disconnect the phone from the computer.
That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi Edition N8010 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean XXBLK9 official firmware. Please let us know your queries; we will try to resolve the same.
Other reached here searching for:
- firmware unofficiel kitkat samsung galaxy note 10 1 md5, n8010 2012 android 4 4, n8010 austria update, usb debugging access will be revoked from all computers you have previously authorized, XXBLK9 ROM, XXBLK9 ROM zip