Galaxy Nexus S still doesn’t receive an OTA update of ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 versions. Whereas Latest Android 4.0.3 version of ICS has just come after reports came in about an update of ICS Android 4.0.2 for Galaxy Nexus. But you can still update Galaxy Nexus S with Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 firmware with manual update process. Do you know this is the first handset to get a taste of this firmware?
This update works only works on GSM version of this device like users on I9023T as well as on I9020 Models.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus S specs and features:
Samsung Google Nexus S is powered by ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor and Android OS v2.3 (Gingerbread). The phone has Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800 pixels, Virtual QWERTY and a 5 MP camera with auto-focus and LED which can record videos at 720p@30fps. Video Player can play MP4, DivX, WMV, H.264, and H.263 formats. Google Nexus S has Push Email, 16GB internal storage and 512 MB RAM, but there is no card slot for external memory. It has Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery with Talk Time Up to 14 h (2G) / Up to 6 h 40 min (3G) and Standby Time Up to 713 h (2G) / Up to 428 h (3G).
How to update Samsung Galaxy Nexus S Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 firmware:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
- USB Debugging mode should be enabled from the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
- Close Antivirus and firewall protection
- Download Nexus S ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware Package
- 1. Connect your phone to the PC with the help of original USB cable.
- 2. Copy the Zip file to your mobile at the root directory.
- 3. Disconnected the connected USB cable and then rename the placed file to “update.zip” and then turn off the phone.
- 4. Enter into the Recovery mode. How*- By Pressing the Volume Up button and continuing to holding this, press the Power Button to turn ON the device.
- 5. Now in the Recovery mode, select the option of “apply update from SD card” and select the update.zip file which you have placed and renamed the same in your phone.
- 6. Once you select the file, it will take up to 10 minutes to flash the update.
- 7. As soon as the update is applied successfully, the device will be rebooted which will mean that the update has been applied successfully.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure. To check whether firmware has been successfully updated Go to the path “Applications > Settings > About Phone” where you will find the firmware version as ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware.