Samsung is distributing Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade for its current top handsets. Custom ROM Leaks are common today impatient users as well as the developer community busy. ACS developer & Head Chef Shabby penguin have leaked official Android 4.0 ICS firmware Built for FB09, the Epic Touch 4G. Tweaked, deodexed, rooted and packaged it into one zip file which you can flash through Clockworkmod Recovery on your Epic 4G Touch. Let’s check out procedure.
Procedure to Update SAMSUNG Galaxy Epic 4G Touch:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that. This ROM is compatible only with the Sprint Epic Touch 4G. It’s not compatible with any other device. Check your device model by going to Settings » About Phone.
At SamsungMobileClub we make sure that our readers take all precaution and preventive [prevent data loss and soft Bricks] measures before installing Custom ROM, Root or flashing firmware.
We have explained all required steps in detail:
Step 1: To ensure that you do not lose anything, please create backup of SMS, Contacts, APN settings, Whatapp chat messages etc. [ Alternative link to backup SMS, MMS, Contacts, Calendar, events on Samsung Android Phones]
Step 2: Please ensure that you have a desired battery level to perform the procedure [ we suggest minimum 60%]. While Installing custom ROM or Rooting your device it is required to enable USB debugging. You will find USB debug enable options in Settings>>Developer option. If you still do not get it check out our detailed tutorial about Enabling USB debugging and checking batter status /Usages.
Step 3: If you have already rooted your device and install CWM recovery and going to install a ROM then please backup your Firmware ROM using CWM recovery.
Step 4: We suggest a full backup of your apps and cache data, if you are rooted use Titanium Backup [ App backup and Restore tutorial] Or you can follow this tutorial to backup without root access.
Step 5: Please disable Antivirus, Firewall or other security apps before flashing Root, Firmware or Custom ROM as them may interrupt the procedure. We also suggest to disable Samsung Kies if you are flashing through PC.
Step 6: Please insure that you have correct driver and ADB installed on your System.
If you face any issues you can restore ROM using CWM recovery. After installing Backup you can restore all apps, SMS, Contacts and settings using the Tutorial provided on above mentioned links.
- Download FB15 Firmware and the ODIN Flashing Tool.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
How to Install Android ICE FB
1. Extract the above downloaded file into your desktop.
2. Connect your phone to the computer using the USB Cable and copy these two zip file in your root directory of your phone.
3. Switch off your phone and boot into Recovery Mode. How*- be entered by pressing the Volume UP rocker key and continuing to hold this key, you need to press the Power ON button till the device gets turned ON.
4. In the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then locate the ICS Android 4.0.3 FB 15 Zip file which you have placed in your phone and then select the same by pressing the Power button.
5. Once the firmware is applied successfully, you need to again select the file named as “E4GT_Modem_FB15.zip”. Once the device is updated successfully, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now” which will reboot the device.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- update galaxy s2 epic 4g touch to jelly bean 4 2 2