Today in this post we would discuss about how to Update Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 with ICS Android 4.0 Styled Custom ROM. “Myth” is an all new custom ROM which is being designed for Galaxy Ace S5830 smartphone. So before updating custom ROM lets check this phone specs and features.
Samsung Galaxy Ace is a powerful yet moderately priced phone and comes with Turbo 800 MHz processor, Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo), 3.5 inches TFT capacitive, 5 MP camera with autofocus, LED flash and video recording at WVGA@30fps. Galaxy Ace has talk time Up to 11 hrs., Blue Tooth v3.0, v2.0 microUSB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, 3G data transfer at HSDPA 7.2 Mbps.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 with ICS Android 4.0 “Myth” Styled Custom ROM:
Features of Myth Custom ROM Firmware:
- ICS styled icons,
- Android Market Powered with 3.3.12,
- Disabled journaling ext4,
- Rooted Custom ROM Firmware,
- Apps 2 SD Feature comes pre-loaded,
- CRT Off Enabled,
- Over Scroll Glow is enabled,
- Extended Power Menu,
- Preloaded with Google Maps 5.11,
- Semi-transparent Touch Wiz,
- Comes with ICS 4,
- Comes with Styled dialer, BLN Service, Google Music,
- Custom Boot animation,
- ICS Gennie widget,
- ICS Clock Widget,
- Supports Flash 10.1, 10.2 & 10.3
Note: This post is only for the educational purpose. If anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your Galaxy ACE S5830 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Disable Firewalls, Antivirus and Kies as these generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Download ICS Myth Custom ROM Firmware
- For this ROM you must have rooted device.
1. Connect the Galaxy ACE device with the compute using the USB cable.
2. Copy the ICS Myth Zip ROM in your device’s SD Card
3. Once you copy the file, Turn off the phone and remove the connected USB Cable so as to enter the phone into the recovery mode.
How*- by Holding Menu Button and then Power ON the device.
4. In the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the ICS Android 4.0 Zip file which is placed in the phone.
5. Once you select the file, the process of firmware update will be started and it will take up to 5 minutes to finish the update.
6. When the update is applied you need to select “clear cache” from the recovery mode itself so as to clear off the cache data.
7. Firmware update gets finished, you need to select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
That’s it you have now successfully updated the Galaxy ACE S5830 with the latest firmware.
Other reached here searching for:
- ics for ace s5830i, custom rom for s5830 samsung, galaxy ace s5830 ics rom, ics boot animation galaxy w, s5830 custom rom, S5830iXe zip, samsung galaxy ace s5830i touchwiz, when Samsung Galaxy Ace ice sand wich will be available