As we all know modified and pre custom Rom’s are not stable, I mean firmware which is provided by the manufacturer and an unofficial firmware which is provided by the developer have huge difference. Stock Rom’s pre-loaded don’t have lots of attracting features like modified custom Rom’s but have stability. So there is an official update released for Galaxy S Duos dubbed as XXALHB ICS 4.0.4 Firmware. This firmware is released by Samsung Electronics and can be flashed with the help of Odin.
At SamsungMobileClub we make sure that our readers take all precaution and preventive [prevent data loss and soft Bricks] measures before installing Custom ROM, Root or flashing firmware.
We have explained all required steps in detail:
Step 1: To ensure that you do not lose anything, please create backup of SMS, Contacts, APN settings, Whatapp chat messages etc. [Alternative link to backup SMS, MMS, Contacts, Calendar, events on Samsung Android Phones]
Step 2: Please ensure that you have a desired battery level to perform the procedure [we suggest minimum 60%]. While Installing custom ROM or rooting your device it is required to enable USB debugging. You will find USB debug enable options in Settings>>Developer option. If you still do not get it, check out our detailed tutorial about Enabling USB debugging and checking batter status /Usages.
Step 3: If you have already rooted your device and install CWM recovery and going to install a ROM then please backup your Firmware ROM using CWM recovery.
Step 4: We suggest a full backup of your apps and cache data, if you are rooted use Titanium Backup [App backup and Restore tutorial] or you can follow this tutorial to backup without root access.
Step 5: Please disable Antivirus, Firewall or other security apps before flashing Root, Firmware or Custom ROM as them may interrupt the procedure. We also suggest disabling Samsung Kies if you are flashing through PC.
Step 6: Please insure that you have correct driver and ADB installed on your System.
If you face any issues you can restore ROM using CWM recovery. After installing Backup you can restore all apps, SMS, Contacts and settings using the Tutorial provided on above mentioned links.
Downloads for Galaxy S DUOS S7562 Official ICS firmware:
- Download ODIN v1.85
- Download XXALHB ICS 4.0.4 Firmware package and extract it in safe place where you can find it latter in Odin.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S DUOS S7562 with Official ICS 4.0.4 firmware:
Step 1: Install Odin tool on your desktop and run the program
Step 2: Now, switch off and restart your Samsung Galaxy S DUOS S7562 but this time boot in Download Mode (Or Odin Mode). Download Mode is a place where Odin detects your device or handset in PC and transfer the firmware file.
Note: Download Mode in Samsung Galaxy S DUOS S7562 can be entered by holding the Volume Down + Power Button till you sees the green Android robot.
Step 3: Connect your Samsung Galaxy S DUOS S7562 to PC with the help of original USB cable.
Step 4: If your drivers are properly installed then Odin ID: COM section will turn Yellow that means PC detected the device.
Note: If Odin will not detect the device then install the driver properly as provided or through Samsung Kies (it also helps to install the driver). After installing driver please uninstall the Kies and disable the antivirus, as it also trouble in Odin procedure.
Step 5: Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your device. These files are to be found from the extracted files which I have told you on download section.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select extracted file ‘.tar’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with “CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 6: In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options should be disabled. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT files in the above step.
Step 7: Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take around 5 minutes or above for applying this update. A “PASS!” message will also appear in Odin. When you see the message, you can safely disconnect your phone from your computer.
After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. Also, note that it may take longer time than the normal time for the first reboot.
As this is an official firmware no bugs more stability and all devices are working properly, so enjoy!
Other reached here searching for:
- gt7562 update, samsung galaxy s duos gt7562, gt s7562 firmware, gt7562 software update, how to upgrade samsung gt7562 s duos android to 4 1, samsung galaxy s duos firewall update not working after rooting, gt7562 software, samsung gt s7562 galaxy s duos update software, gt7562 rom, s7562 firmware, gt7562 firmware, samsung s7562 pit file download, gt7562 firmware update, how to upgrade gt7562, how to upgrade my samsung s duos to4 1, samsung s7562 upgrade 4 0 to 4 1, stock firmware for gt s7562, how to update gt7562, gt-s7562 android upgrade 4 1, shear download jelly bean 4 1 for gt7562