Now Samsung Galaxy S2 has got latest Ice Cream Sandwich update which is dubbed as XWLP7 firmware. Samsung Galaxy S2 comes with Android OS v2.3 and a powerful Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor. It has big 4.3 inches Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors and 400 x 800 pixels resolution. Samsung Galaxy S2 has 8 MP camera with autofocus, LED flash and also with a Secondary 2 MP camera and Video recording up to 1080p@30fps. The phone has Bluetooth v3.0+Headset, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct and 3G data transfer at HSDPA 21 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps. This firmware has been released for Russian regions; if you are not on Russia then it’s better to go through with the international version of Rom XXLPQ.
2. Backup all your data properly, so that after applying this firmware you can restore all your data back to its own place. You can take help from this tutorial
3. Uninstall all security programs like firewall and antivirus and also Kies.
4. Download the XWLP7 firmware package.
5. Download the Odin software which generally helps to flash the XWLP7 firmware on your Galaxy S2 i9100.
Step1. Extract the Rom file downloaded on the pre-requisites section (I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_SER.zip). You will get these file I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_I9100XXLPS_HOME.tar.md5 and SS_DL.dll (this file is for no use)
Step2. Now, just switch off your phone to Boot Galaxy S2 into Download Mode. You can go to download mode by holding these keys together: Volume Down + Home + Power. Until you show warning screen. Now press Volume up to continue to enter download mode.
Step3. Go to your PC, and double click on Odin which you have downloaded on pre-requisites.
Step4. Now connect your phone to the PC while Odin running. You will see the message “Added! !” under Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
Step5. Now, go to the PDA section in Odin, then select the I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_I9100XXLPS_HOME.tar.md5 file which you have get while extracting the Rom file.
Step6. Now click on START button to start flashing XWLP7 firmware. When the flashing procedure is finished, your phone will automatically reboot.
Note 1: You’ll get a PASS (with green background) message in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. Then you will see the Samsung logo on your phone that means you can safely unplug the cable.
Note 2: If ODIN gets stuck at some stage and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, simply disconnect the phone from the PC, close ODIN, remove battery, re-insert it, turn phone on in Download mode again, and repeat the same procedure again.
That’s it you have successfully updated your Galaxy S2 to XWLP7 Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 firmware.
Other reached here searching for:
- samsung s2 latest firmware update, 4 1 2 jelly bean xwlp7, xwlp7 4 2 1, update samsung s2 xwlp7 to xxlpq, update galaxy s2 i9100 xwlp7 to android 4 1 2 jelly bean official firmware, s2 xwlp7 download, s2 latest firmware, jelly bean update for galaxy s2 i9100 xwlp7, galaxy s2 αναβαθμιση xwlp7 to jelly bean, galaxy s2 latest firmware update, galaxy s2 jelly bean xwlp7 zip, прошивка для samsung galaxy s2 4 2 xwlp7