All the users who are on old version of Android want to try the new version of Android i.e. Jellybean. Those devices which are capable of running this new version of Android and are incapable of applying it to their device are demoralized. Dedicated users whose device can work efficiently on the new version have applied this update either officially or via custom ROM firmware.
Presently, we have come up with this article for users of Samsung Galaxy S GT I900. Their device can be updated with official Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware. The first build of Jellybean 4.2 has arrived for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone after the reports earlier came in that Jellybean 4.2.1 is headed for AOSP development.
So if you are and Samsung Galaxy S owner then follow this article to learn how you can install the official Android 4.2.1 Jellybean on your device.
Warning: Neither we nor the developer will hold any responsibility if you damage or brick your phone in the process of following this article. Therefore, please proceed at your own risk.
1. The methods and steps in this article should only be implemented on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. Trying this article on any device or any other variant of Samsung may produce un-foreseen situations.
2. Please charge your device so that there is at least 70% charge with, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
3. You should backup all valuable data’s on your phone, so that there is no data loss during the process.
4. Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
5. Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Place the downloaded file onto the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
How to Update GalaxyS GTI9000 with Official Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware:
Step 1: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in Recovery Mode. To do so, when your phone is OFF, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together until the screen turns ON.
Step 2: Now, from the Recovery Mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then select “Wipe Cache partition” to delete data’s from your device.
Step 3: Next, again from the main recovery menu, select “install zip from sd card” then select “choose zip from sd card” and then select “Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Package” you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step 4: The installation process will take around 4-5 minutes for successful completion.
Step 5: As soon as the installation process has completed, select “+++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
Step 6: To check whether the new firmware has been applied to your device or not, go to “Settings > About Phone”.
Awesome! You’ve successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Official Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware. Do let us know your worries, hope we’ll be able to resolve the same.
Other reached here searching for:
- how to root galaxy s gt i9000 running gingerbread xwjw6 to jellybean, gt-i900 jelly bean, gt-i900 upgrade, galaxy i900 overclocking, gti900 firmware, i900 jellybean i9000 s3, how to update jelly bean on gt-i900, firmware upgrade galaxy gt-i900, tips n tricks for galaxy i900, jelly bean 4 2 2 gt i900, Samsung s2 gt1900 official 4 2, galaxy s i900 jelly bean, gt-i900 firmware, upgrade s2 gt-i900 to jelly bean 4 2 2, 4 2 1 jelly bean official down load for samsung s2 GT-i900, gt i900 rom download, samsung gt i900 jelly bean, samsung galaxy gt-i1900 jellybean official update free download, samsung galaxy gt i900 firmware update, samsung galaxy gt 1900 custom rom