Another Jelly Bean custom ROM is come out for International Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, which brings a smoother interface, improved notifications, offline voice typing, advance voice recognition, smarter keyboard, Google now and many more.
XDA senior member toxicthunder has released Half Illusion, a Jelly bean custom ROM based on CyanogenMod 10 and AOKP ROM. CM 10 and AOKP both have customizable features like of the feature of this ROMan is that you can flip the device to turn it in silent/vibrate mode from normal & just opposite. Keep in mind that this is not a official Samsung Android update, so there may be bugs and issues present.
Warning: Neither we nor the developer should be held liable for any damages occurred to your phone in the process of following this article. Though, there are very less chances of happening so but just in case if you face any issue, we are committed to help in resolving the same.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on International Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your International Samsung Galaxy Note, N7000 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download CM9 ROM, Latest version of the ROM and Google apps package from here to your computer. Extract only the CM9 ROM file to convenient location on your PC (Do not extract rest of the files). Place the Half Illusion ROM file and Google apps package on the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
Procedure to update International Samsung Galaxy Note with Jelly Bean ROM (Half Illusion) based on AOKP/CM10:
Step1: First of all, flash the CM9 ROM on your Galaxy Note.
Step2: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in ClockworkMod recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together until the screen turns on.
Step3: Now, from the recovery menu, select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “Yes” on the next screen that follows to confirm your action.
Step4: Next, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the ROM file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step5: After the flashing of the ROM completes, once select “choose zip from sdcard” then choose the Google apps package file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step6: After the installation of the Gapps package completes, select “++++Go Back++++” then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone and land into the newly installed ROM.
How to remove On-screen Navigation Buttons:
If you want to remove the ROM’s on-screen virtual navigation buttons as found on the Galaxy Nexus. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Step1: First of all, download the Navigation Bar Buttons Removal Package from here to your computer.
Step2: Place the downloaded file to the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
Step3: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in ClockworkMod recovery.
Step4: Now, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step5: After the installation completes, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
Congratulations you’ve successfully installed Jelly Bean Half Illusion ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note. Share with us if have queries regarding this article, we are here to help you in all possible aspects.
Other reached here searching for:
- galaxy note n7000 secret codes, how to root n7000 to cm10