As you all know that at Google I/O conference, Google has decided to release Jelly Bean Android 4.1 but still it is not available for Galaxy 3. Here, we have Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Firmware update for the same. The developers of Android phone tried very hard to fulfil the requirement of customers in this updated firmware. In this tutorial, we offered some guide line to upgrade your Android Smartphone – Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801. Please note that this is not a official Cyanogen Mod released by samsung electronics but it is developed by developers.
Disclaimer: It happens with user that after following entire instruction, the process gives an unexpected result but still it is our duty to inform you that this is a risky method and neither we nor the developer should liable if anything goes wrong during the process.
Update Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 with Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Firmware
- Backup the data in your Galaxy 3 just to prevent those from lose or corrupted. When you backup your data, the same can be restored back to its previous state. The data to be kept safe are Contacts, Call Logs, SMS, Images, Music, Videos, MMS as well as APN Settings. There are few other things which you must take care of – minimum battery charge should be 70%, all security suites must be disabled and USB Debugging should be enabled through the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
- Please root and install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy 3 i5801.
- Download Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Firmware Package as well as Google Apps Package. Connect your Galaxy 3 i5801 to your Computer via USB data cable and place these two downloaded zip file to the root of your device’s SD card.
- After that, disconnect your device from the computer and turn it off. Then, reboot it to enter into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Home + Power buttons all together. Retry the process if it fails to enter into recovery mode.
- Then, you have to select the ‘install zip form sdcard’, and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Then, locate the Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Firmware Package to flash it on your device. Also, select ‘Yes’ to confirm your installation on your next screen.
- Select the ‘+++Go Back+++’ option and repeat step 5 by replacing ‘Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Firmware Package’ with ‘Google Apps Package’.
- Once again, select ‘+++Go Back+++’ option and then select ‘reboot system now’ to reboot your Galaxy 3 device.
Congratulation! Your Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 has been update with Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Firmware.
Other reached here searching for:
- how to update samsung gt-i5801 android 4 1, s5300 cyanogenmod 7 2, update i5801 to cyanogenmod 7 2, ics firmware for galaxy gt-i5801, i5801 cyanogenmod, how to update samsung gt i5801 to jb, how to setup cyanogenmod 7 2 for galaxy pocket s5300, how to root samsung gt i5801, how to install cyanogenmod 7 2 for gt i5801, how to install cyanogen mod7 2 for gt i5801, how to install clovkwork recovery mod for samsung i5801, how to flash galaxy i5801 with clockworkmod recovery, install cwm recovery on gt i5801, jelly bean for gt-i5801, update cm7 gt 5801, Update cm10 Samsung gt-i5801, samsung s5300 cyanogenmod, samsung s3 modded firmware, samsung GT-I5801 jelly bean download, samsung galaxy 3 firmware