As we know there are many firmware updated for Samsung Galaxy SL I9003, new Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware has launched for Galaxy SL I9003 dubbed as DDKP3. In this above post we will tell you how to root your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 in Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware. So going to the procedure first let’s check out this phone specs and features.
Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 Specs and features:
Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 is powered by Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo) and 1GHz Cortex A8 CPU, Power VR SGX530 GPU, TI OMAP 3630 chipset. The screen of Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 is 4.0 inches, SC-LCD capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800 pixels. The phone has 5 MP Autofocus camera and a Front VGA Camera for Live Chat. Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 can record video at 720p@30fps and it has Push Email, 16GB internal storage, and slot for Micro SD Card up to 32GB. Battery is Standard battery, Li-Ion 1650 mAh with Talk Time Up to 13hours (2G).
How to Root your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 in DDKP3 Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
Once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void; the only way with which you can reclaim the warranty is by unrooting the device which you can do by applying the update of DDKP3 again in your phone.
- Download DDKP3 Rooting Package
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
- Enter into the recovery mode and select the options like “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” after which select the option of “reboot system now” so that all the cache data gets cleaned from your phone.
- Recovery Mode can be entered by press the Volume Up key + Menu key and then pressing the former two keys you need to power ON the device after which you will see the recovery screen.
1. Extract the above downloaded file into your desktop. You will get two file one is Odin and another is DDKP3 firmware file.
2. Open Odin in your computer.
3. Turn Off your phone so as to enter the phone in download mode. The Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously presses the Power Button.
4. On Download mode connect the phone to the computer with the Original USB cable while keeping the Odin opened in the computer.
5. In the Odin, the ID: COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed and you are now ready to select the file. Wait it will take some time to detect.
6. Click on “PDA” to select “DDKP3-CFROOT-12-02-2012” file and then all you need to do is to just click on “Start”. After selecting the files, ensure that all the other settings like “Re Partition” etc are selected properly as mentioned below.
7. Within a minute, the device will be restarting and the phone will be rooted successfully.
8. Again choose the options Wipe data/factory reset on recovery mode as I have told you on the requirement box.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- DDKP3 Gingerbread 2 3 6 Firmware, how to root your samsung galaxy sl i9003 with android 4 0 1 ddkp3 firmware