Today in this post we would discuss about how to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE SGH i957. It tablet is powered with 1 GHz dual-core processor and 8.9 inches Capacitive Touchscreen display. So before rooting this tablet lets check its specs in detail.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 is powered with 1 GHz dual-core processor and Android OS v3.0 (Honeycomb) specially made to tablets. Galaxy Tab 8.9 comes with 8.9 inches, TFT Capacitive Touchscreen display with 800 x 1280 pixels resolution, virtual QWERTY, 3.2MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash plus a Secondary: 2 MP Camera, video recording at 720p, MP3 / WAV / eAAC+ / OGG audio player with 3.5mm Audio Jack and MP4, DivX, Xvid, H.264, H.263 video player. Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 has 64 GB internal Storage, MicroSD Card slot Up to 32GB, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, USB 2.0, GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, 3G and more.
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE SGH i957:
Note: This post is only for the educational purpose. If anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible. Rooting me void your warranty period.
- latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Download Da_G’s modded kernel for the Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE
- Odin3 version 1.85
- Superuser app
1. Run Odin3 on your computer.
2. When the Odin3 window opens, make sure that only the checkboxes for Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked. Do not enable the other options.
3. click on the PDA button then locate the modded kernel file (sgh-i957-rooted-kernel-v2.tar) and select it.
4. You will see the filename appear beside the PDA button once you load the file into Odin3.
5. Turn off your Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE and Reboot it into download mode.
How*- by holding down the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons while pressing the Power button.
6. When you reach the warning screen, you can skip it by pressing the Volume Up button.
7. Connect the Galaxy Tab 8.9 to your computer using a USB cable. Odin3 will automatically detect it and will show the ID:COM field in yellow.
8. Press the Start button in Odin3, this will start flashing the modded kernel to your table.
9. Then device will be rebooted and flashing will be completed.
10. Install the Superuser app from the Android Market to complete the rooting procedure.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- cooked rom SGH-I957, sgh-i957 jelly bean custom, samsung galaxy tab 8 9 how to root, rooting samsung galaxy tab 8 9, root samsung galaxy tab 8 9 ics using odin, root for samsung galaxy 8 9 lte, odin3 5, i957 root, how to root samsung sgh I957, how to root galaxy tab 8 9, custome rom i957 jellybean, tab 8 9 ics kernel tar with root