Earlier we have discussed about Flashing CM9 and CWM Touch Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3 and you have also learned about updating Stock T999UVALEM ROM and few other things. But the process varies in case of T-Mobile and Sprint Galaxy S3. So, to shot out these issues we came up with this article.
After rooting your Galaxy Smartphone, you will be able to install the root-only apps and also modify the system files to tweak your smartphone.
Disclaimer: You must aware of the fact that rooting can void the warranty of your smartphone and it can only be retrieve by unrooting or flashing stock firmware. So, please think twice before following the method and remember we will not be liable for any damage caused during the process.
- Before you can begin the rooting, I want you to know that all your data are going to wipe in this process so you need to create the backup of your important data in order to prevent them. Here are the data which you need to backup – Contacts, SMS, Call Logs, Images, Videos, Music, MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) and APN (Access Point Name) Settings, etc.
- Ensure that you have the minimum battery charge of around 70% which is necessary for the completion of the process. Less than this can turn off your smartphone in the middle of the process.
- Don’t miss to enable your USB Debugging option in your T-Mobile. You must follow the path ‘Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ to do so.
- Also disable the security suites such as firewall or anti-virus installed in your Computer or device.
- Odin Tool (File Name: Odin3-v3.04.zip File Size: 456.57 KB)
- Galaxy S3 Drivers
- CWM Superuser
- ClockworkMod.TAR (File Name: clockworkmod.TAR File Size: 6.83 MB)
Root T-Mobile and Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3:
Step 1. Assuming that you have downloaded the file from the links above and followed entire instruction carefully mentioned under Pre-Requisite.
Step 2. You need to install the Galaxy S3 driver on your Computer if you haven’t installed it yet.
Step 3. Then, you need to connect your Galaxy S3 smartphone to the Computer via USB data cable and place the CWM Superuser file to the root of the device’s SD card.
Step 4. Once the transfer gets completed, disconnect it from the Computer and turn it off.
Step 5. Then you need to reboot your Galaxy S3 to enter into download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously and press Volume Up button to enter into download mode.
Step 6. Then you need to unzip the downloaded zip file for Odin to your Computer and double-click the .exe file to run this tool.
Step 7. Make sure that your device had entered into the download mode and Odin is still open on your Computer. So once again, connect your device to the Computer. Soon you will find yellow colour in ID: COM section which indicates that your device has been detected.
Step 8. In Odin, choose clockworkmod.TAR file under PDA tab, that you have downloaded from download section.
Step 9. Then, ensure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked and leave rest of the options unchecked.
Step 10. Once you have confirmed about this, you can click on Start button for starting the flashing process. After the completion of this process your will reboot automatically.
Step 11. When your Galaxy S3 device boots up, switch it off to reboot into recovery mode by using same buttons combination as in step 5.
Step 12. Then, select ‘install zip form sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’ to browse CWM Superuser file from the SD card that has been placed there. Confirm the installation by tapping on ‘Yes’.
Step 13. When it is done, select ‘+++Go Back+++’ option and then select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your Samsung Galaxy S III.
Step 14. After that, you need to visit Google Play. Then, download and install the BusyBox app on your Galaxy device.
Step 15. When the installations completes then, open the BusyBox app and follow the mentioned instruction comes on the screen.
Step 16. Open the Superuser application and follow the path Settings > Su binary > Update to update the binaries.
Congratulation! You have rooted your T-Mobile and Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 successfully.
Other reached here searching for:
- rooting galaxy s3 sprint 4 1 2 successfully, dont see apn setting on sprint galaxy s3, galaxy s3 change apn for mms sprint