Today we would discuss How to Root Galaxy S2 in Official ICS XXLPQ 4.0.3 Firmware. Rooting can may void your warranty and the only way with which you can revoke the root access is by applying the official firmware of XXLPQ. You can also check out how to install XXLPQ firmware from us. Samsung Galaxy S2 has Android OS v2.3 Gingerbread OS and a powerful Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor. It has big 4.3 inches Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touch screen with 400 x 800 pixels resolution. Samsung Galaxy S2 has 8 MP camera with autofocus, LED flash and also with a Secondary 2 MP camera. The phone has Bluetooth v3.0+Headset, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct and 3G data transfer at HSDPA 21 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps. Let’s check out procedure how to root Samsung Galaxy S2 in XXLPQ firmware.
How you can Root Samsung Galaxy S2 when running on XXLPQ firmware:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
- Download Drivers for your device. Download links: 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows
- Uninstall all apps like Kies, disable antivirus and firewall.
- Download XXLPQ Rooting Package
- Enable USB Debugging mode from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
1. Extract the above downloaded file into your desktop. You will get two files like CF-ROOT and Odin root tool.
2. Open Odin and turn off your Galaxy S2 and enter in download mode. How*- By pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
3. Now, you now need to connect the phone with the computer and after a minute you shall see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow.
4. Click on the below mentioned option in Odin by clicking on the PDA tab.
5. After selecting the file you now need to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. It will take less than 2 minutes ideally for finishing the rooting process.
6. As soon as the rooting is done successfully, the phone will be rebooted automatically and once you see the home screen,
7. Now, remove the connected USB cable and re insert the battery in your phone so that you can then enter your phone in the recovery mode. How*- pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
8. In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- root samsung s2