After installing the XXLPQ update, the Samsung Galaxy user rejoiced a lot. The main reason behind it was, they got the most coveted and very eagerly anticipated Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich update.
Moreover, they will rejoice even more when they will read this article which tells on, how you can root your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G. The root access will help you not only to backup apps to restore your apps and data, but will also allow a variety of other things. The below article will help you to root and install CWM recovery on the XXLPQ firmware on your Galaxy S2 I9100G.
Warning: Be careful while following the below mentioned process as they may damage or brick your phone completely for which neither developer nor we would held responsible.
- This rooting procedure is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G and not with the I9100 or any other device.
- Minimum charge left with your device should be 70%, so that there is no power interruption during the process.
- Backup all your essential data on the phone, as they may be lost after the rooting process.
- Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your computer, as these programs generally interrupt the rooting process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Galaxy S2 GT I9100G from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download LP7 Kernel, Root Package and Odin from here to your computer and extract them too. Also place the Root.zip to the root of your phone’s SD card.
Procedure to Root Galaxy S2 I9100G on XLPQ firmware:
- Open Odin in your computer and reboot your phone so that it can enter in the Download Mode. Download mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100G can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you can see a green robot indicating that Download Mode has been entered.
- Now, Connect your S2 GT I9100G to the computer, once connected you will see that the ID: COM section in Odin has turned Yellow.
- In ODIN, click on the PDA button and then select the GT-I9100G_LP7_ClockworkMod-Recovery_126.96.36.199.tar file. Now, Click on “Start” button to start flashing the Kernel.
- When the phone reboots automatically means the kernel has been flashed. Now, once again reboot your to enter into ClockworkMod recovery. To do so, hold the Volume Up + Home + Power key together, the phone will automatically boot into CWM recovery after a few seconds.
- Select install zip from sdcard, and then select choose zip from sdcard. Then, scroll to the Root.zip file and select it.
- When the installation is complete, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your and land into your rooted device Home Screen.
That’s it, you’ve successfully rooted your device and also installed ClockworkMod recovery on the Android 4.0.3 firmware on the XXLPQ firmware. Share your joy with us or let us know if face any issue, we will try to resolve the same as early as possible.
Other reached here searching for:
- root i9100g 4 0 4, how to root i9100g 4 0 4, 4 0 3 xxlpq5 i9100g, s2 i9100g 4 0 4 root, root xxlpq5 galaxy s2, root samsung galaxy s2GT-I1900 to ICS samsungmobileclub com, i9100g 4 0 4 root, how to root samsung i9100g ice cream sandwich, how to root samsung galaxy s2 i9100g ics 4 0 4, how to root samsung galaxy s2 i9100g, how to root s2 i9100g 4 0 4, how to root galaxy s2 i9100g 4 0 4, how to root galaxy s2 gti9100g with powerful kernel, how to galaxy s2 xxlpq update 4 1 2, gti9100G 4 0 4 root, gt-i9100g_lp7_clockworkmod-recovery_5 5 0 4 tar, aggiornamento galaxy s2 xlpq, samsung galaxy s2 i1900 cwm XXLPQ