New trick has arrived in the market, Root Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 will Running XXLP2 Firmware. Have you ever applied the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware build XXLP2 to your Samsung Galaxy S2? Did you know you will lose all the root privilege which you have get at the time of rooting, though, using CF-Root Kernel. By getting back your root access to your Galaxy S2, you can ensure your continuous use of your root-only Android apps, as well as continue tweaking your handset according to your liking. Let’s check out the procedure.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 while Running XXLP2 Firmware:Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that. This rooting guide only works for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 with firmware build XXLP2 of Android 4.0.3.
1. Samsung USB drivers for your phone
2. Download the CF-Root Kernel package here.
3. Download Odin3 v1.83 from here.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file anywhere.
- You’ll get only one file called CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LP2-v5.2-CWM5.tar (Don’t extract the TAR file).
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Reboot the phone into download mode. How*-by pressing the Volume Up key and Home button (middle key) simultaneously while tapping the Power button. On the next screen, tap the Volume Up key to continue into download mode.
- Launch Odin3 v1.83 on your PC.
- Connect your mobile device to your PC via USB Cable.
- Wait for the ID: COM in Odin3 to turn yellow or for the word “Added” to be displayed on the message box
- Click on the PDA tab in Odin3.
- Select the CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LP2-v5.2-CWM5.tar file.
- Under “Options” in Odin3, make sure only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” are checked.
- Once everything is set, click the Start button in Odin3 to flash the CF-Root Kernel. If the flashing process takes an abnormally long time, or if it gets stuck, try disconnecting the phone from the PC, pulling out and reinserting the battery, switching back into download mode, and then repeating the process from the beginning.
- Once CF-Root has successfully installed, your phone will automatically reboot.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC only after the phone has rebooted completely.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.