Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 was released in May 2012 and introduced the GSM dual sim version of Successful Galaxy Ace model. Galaxy Ace 2 featured a 800Mhz Dual core processor with Mali 400MP GPU- one of the best specs available on a dual sim Android phone. You will get lot more than 3.8inch touch screen and 5MP camera. We are here with the rooting tutorial although there are not much custom ROM available for Galaxy Ace 2 but atleast you can get root access and you can backup apps using Titanium Backup or get a custom recovery.
Disclaimer: This instructional we are discussing here is just for educational purpose. Neither we nor the developer is responsible for your damage under any circumstances. Follow all the instructions carefully before proceeding and proceed with your own risk.
Pre – Requisite:
- Before you will start the rooting process, let be sure that you have taken backup of data and settings so that it won’t wipe during the process. Just be sure that you have taken backup of SMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Audios, Images, Videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings, MMS settings and few other files that you think is important for you.
- At least 80% of charged battery is required to complete the process.
- Ensure that you have enabled the USB Debugging. The path is ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ to do so.
- Please make sure that you have uninstall the Samsung’s PC software Kies, if you have one installed, just to make it sure that it will not interrupt during the flashing.
- Also disable the Firewall or Anti-virus if installed on your Computer or device to avoid interruption during the process.
- You need to download the RootPack.zip file for your Galaxy Ace 2 GT-i8160 / i8160. Here you will find a file named RootPack.zip | Size: 10.91 MB.
Root Procedure for your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2:
Step 1. First of all you need to extract the downloaded zip package in your computer and you will find I8160XXLD8_ready_to_root_ANT.tar.md5. Which you will need to flash it through Odin. Also, copy the upd.zip file to your SD card.
Step 2. Then you need to switch off your Galaxy Ace 2 and boot into a download mode. For this first you need to turn off your device and then plug in the USB cable to your PC but don’t plug your device.
Step 3. Then, you should press and hold the Volume down + Home + Power button while plugging the phone and keep holding those buttons till your device screen shows the Download mode. Make sure that Odin is open while plugging the device.
Step 4. When you plug in the device then the message says ‘Added!’ under the Odin message box. If you won’t see the message that means it is not connected properly. Try it again, until you get that message. Please, make sure that you have uninstalled Kies from the Control Panel.
Step 5. Under Odin message box, click on PDA button, then select the .tar file which you have got after extraction.
Step 6. Please do not make any changes in Odin other than step 5. Just double check it before proceeding.
Step 7. Press the Start button to flashing the root package on your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2.
Step 8. Wait until the process is finish. After flashing is complete your device will reboot automatically and a PASS message in Odin will appears with the green background. It is safe to disconnect your device.
Step 9. When the phone boots up, you need to turn off the Galaxy Ace 2 and then press and hold the Volume down + Home +Power button till you see the Samsung Logo on it. Soon, you will find yourself in recovery mode.
Step 10. Then, select ‘install zip from SD card’ and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ to select update from SD card. Select upd.zip file to flash it.
Step 11. After that, select ‘reboot system now’ from main menu to reboot your device and get the normal screen.
Congratulation, you have now successfully rooted your Galaxy Ace 2 GT-i8160.
Other reached here searching for:
- How to root android Samsung GT-I8160, How to root GT-I8160, i8160 root, gt-i8160 root, How to root android Samsung GT-I8160L, root gt-i8160, root samsung galaxy ace 2 gt-i8160, root samsung i8160, how to root i8160, custom rom gt-i8160, Root samsung GT-I8160, samsung i8160 root file, samsung i8160 root, how to root samsung gt-i8160 android 2 3 6, gt i8160 root, how to root samsung GT-I8160, i8160xxld8_ready_to_root_ant tar md5, root samsung galaxy ace 2 gt i8160, samsung galaxy ace 2 gt- i 8160 root, how to root samsung galaxy ace 2 gt-i8160