T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-T879 was launched a month ago and now you can root it and install TWRP if you want to install custom ROM. Galaxy Note T879 was launched with Android ICs and there is a automated One click rooting app available for it. We have created a detailed tutorial that will help your will rooting your T-Mobile Galaxy Note and install TWRP recovery 2.2.0. TWRP recovery is a touch based recovery sometime prefer over the ClockworkMod or CWM Touch recovery. Most of the high end devices like Transformer, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S users prefer TWRP recovery for backup and install of firmware and ROMs. There is a Jelly bean Paranoid ROM available for Galaxy Note T879 that you can install right now.
- In order to proceed with the process, you need to create a backup of apps, data and settings such as SMS, MMS, call logs, contacts, APN settings, MMS settings, Wi-Fi passwords, images, videos, music etc as all these data are going to wipe out during the flashing process.
- Your device battery must be charge to at least 80% before starting the installation process because if the device get switch off in between the process than it might not turn on again.
- The USB Debugging option must be enabled through the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ on your Galaxy Note T879.
- You must disable the security suites such as firmware and antivirus from your device and computer in order to avoid the security issues.
Part 1: Root your Galaxy Note T879
Step 2. Once the download is completed, you need to extract the Odin3 v1.85.zip file to a single folder on your computer.
Step 3. Form the folder, right-click on Odin3 v1.85.exe and select the option for Run as Administrator to run it on your computer.
Step 4. Now, turn off your device and press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously till the warning screen doesn’t appear. Then you need to press the Volume Up button to enter into Download mode.
Step 5. Then, connect your device with the computer while Odin is open. On connecting, the message Added! Will appears on the screen.
Step 6. Then click on PDA button to select tmob-system.img.tar file. Also, make sure that ‘repartition’ option is not selected.
Step 7. Now, you can click on Start button. Once you have successfully rooted your device, it will reboot automatically and later on PASS message will appears in Odin.
Step 8. Disconnect your device and when your device will restart then you will find it as rooted.
Part 2: Install TWRP Recovery 2.2.0 on your Galaxy Note T879
Step 1. Once you have rooted your Galaxy Note T879, you can now proceed with this installation process. So, first you need to download and install GooManager from Google Play or simply click here to get APK file.
Step 2. Also, make sure that you have enabled Unknown sources in Settings > Security.
Step 3. After installing GooManager, you need to open it on your phone and then click the Grant/Allow button when it prompts.
Step 4. Then you need to tap on Menu button > Install OpenRecoveryScript > Yes. Once again, tap on Yes on pop-up menu.
Step 5. Then you need to reboot your device to successfully complete the installation process.
Step 6. If you like to confirm it, you can reboot into Recovery Mode by launching GooManager and then tapping on Reboot recovery button.
Other reached here searching for:
- twrp n7000, twrp for n7000, twrp recovery n7000, twrp recovery for n7000, n7000 twrp, tmob-system img tar, twrp backup rom galaxy y, twrp galaxy note n7000, cf auto root t879, twrp note n7000, twrp on gnote n7000, twrp t879, t879 samsung mods, T-879 download mode, stock rom galaxy t879, cf auto root twrp, clockworkmod for t879, continuum twrp, galaxy note n7000 twrp, how to install twrp on n7000