Today in this post we would discuss about how to install Android 4.0.1 ICS Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. It has pre built on Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb) platform. so before updating Galaxy Tab 10.1 on ICS lets check out its specs and features.
- Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb)
- 1GHz Dual Core processor
- 10.1 inches capacitive touchscreen display
- virtual QWERTY
- Rare 8 MP primary camera
- front 2.0 MP secondary camera
- Li-Ion 6860 mAh battery
- 4G (HSPA+21mbps)
- 16GB/32GB Internal storage
- No external card slot
- TouchWiz UX UI.
- Multi-touch input method.
- Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate.
- Three-axis gyro sensor.
- Quickoffice HD editor/viewer.
- Predictive text input.
- 3.5mm jack.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 comes with Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb) and 1GHz Dual Core processor. This tablet has 10.1 inches capacitive touchscreen display with 1280 x 800 pixels resolution and virtual QWERTY, 8 MP primary camera with Auto Focus and LED Flash and a front 2.0 MP secondary camera for live video chat. Galaxy Tab 10.1 has Standard Li-Ion 6860 mAh battery, 16GB/32GB Internal storage, Instant Messaging and it Supports IMAP, POP3, SMTP and Microsoft Exchange. It also has Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, 3G data transfer speed of HSDPA 21 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, 4G (HSPA+21mbps) and GPS with A-GPS support. Other features available in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 include OTA synchronization.
How to install Android 4.0.1 ICS Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1:
Note: This post is only for the educational purpose. If anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible.
To install ICS custom Rom you have to root it first:
- Samsung Kies installed so that you have the necessary drivers.
- ADB installed on your system.
- Download the root file from the download link above and save it anywhere on your computer.
- Once done, open the folder the Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10.1-root.zip ( Found inside it).
- Now keep the shift key pressed and right click in that folder, selecting open command window here from the menu.
- Once the command prompt opens, enter the following commands:
##### adb push Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip /sdcard/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip.adb reboot recovery ######
5. The phone should now boot into recovery mode where you have to navigate to apply update from /sdcard using the arrow keys and selecting it. Now choose the Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10.1-root.zip and apply it.
6. Now you have completed the rooting process
After rooting your device lets move on to how to install ICS custom rom on Galaxy_Tab_10.1:
- A rooted Galaxy Tab 10.1.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. Refer to this page at XDA-Developers to install ClockworkMod recovery on your Galaxy Tab 10.1.
- CM9 KANG v1.0.
- Download the ROM from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode and make a Nandroid backup.
- Now select factory reset/wipe, wipe cache and then wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the installation completes, simply reboot your device.
That’s it guys you have completed all the process.
Other reached here searching for:
- how to install rom on galaxy tab 10 1, best ics rom for samsung galaxy tab 10 1, install rom on tab from computer, m720vm taplet farmware, root for samsung galaxy tab 10 1 gt 7500 ics, root note 10 1 4 01 to 4 4 kitkat, root samsung galaxy tab 10 1 ICS, root samung galaxy tab 10 1 ics, root verizon samsung galaxy tab 10 1 on ics, samsung galaxy 10 1 custom rom install from computer, samsung galaxy tab 10 1 how to rom, samsung galaxy tab 10 1 stock rom ics, samsung galaxy tab root install custom rom, samsung ice cream sandwich custom rom for galaxy tab 10 1, samsungs galaxy tab GT-P3115TS custom ICS ROM, samsung_galaxy_tab_10 1_root for 3g, sgh i7272 4 0 1 ics factory rom, steps to root galaxy10 1 and install newrom, install custom rom galaxy tab 10 1, install a rom on galaxy tad 10 1